Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions? -been a while, a lot going on lately.-

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Ok, so here's the thing. My family swears that my friend likes me. We just started hanging out more, but it's not on a very regular basis. We talk alot and all, and the last couple of times we've hung out he's made mention of "why he doesn't have a girlfriend."  and given his reasons. I don't agree with these girl's logic and what have you, and yes, he's younger than me. My mom swears he likes me and thinks he's going to make a move soon, but i don't know. I mean i like him, a lot, but at the same time i just really like his company. we're comfortable talking and hanging out.  My mom says that him mentioning things like that is his way of phishing for information.  But honestly, i don't know. I'm not the kind of girl to put anyone on the spot, especially myself.  I've been divorced for over a year now, and my mom thinks it's been long enough (even though it's MY life...not hers.) 

Is my mom right? is he just talking to me more and getting my opinons on things before making a decision to ask me out or not, or is she dilusional and wanting me to get with him?  OR does she have a valid point in her 'observations'?  

I like him, but i am scared of losing his friendship too...you can pm me if you want to know more details about our coversations.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
zeenah
by Zarah on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM
I have no clue. I would need to see an interaction to be sure and even then you can't tell. Ask him if your are interested otherwise leave it alone.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:41 PM
I have no idea what his intentions are.
Nobody can PM you.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ok, so here's the thing. My family swears that my friend likes me. We just started hanging out more, but it's not on a very regular basis. We talk alot and all, and the last couple of times we've hung out he's made mention of "why he doesn't have a girlfriend."  and given his reasons. I don't agree with these girl's logic and what have you, and yes, he's younger than me. My mom swears he likes me and thinks he's going to make a move soon, but i don't know. I mean i like him, a lot, but at the same time i just really like his company. we're comfortable talking and hanging out.  My mom says that him mentioning things like that is his way of phishing for information.  But honestly, i don't know. I'm not the kind of girl to put anyone on the spot, especially myself.  I've been divorced for over a year now, and my mom thinks it's been long enough (even though it's MY life...not hers.) 

Is my mom right? is he just talking to me more and getting my opinons on things before making a decision to ask me out or not, or is she dilusional and wanting me to get with him?  OR does she have a valid point in her 'observations'?  

I like him, but i am scared of losing his friendship too...you can pm me if you want to know more details about our coversations.

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Hard to say if she's right or not. Are you interested in him as more than a friend? If you're not, I'd just let it be, but if you are you have to decide if you want to say something and jeopardize your friendship or just be his friend and see what happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:52 PM

I suggest you accept his friendship.  If he wants more then let him make the move to say so.

I have male friends and we talk of all kind of things.  I have one male friend that updates me on every hotty he sees and who is checking him out and why can't he find someone nice that he can make a lasting relationship with and no he is not interested in more.

He "cries" on my shoulder when he gets his hopes up.  He wonders what is wrong with him that he hasn't found the right one. We are friends.  He is not the only one but the one that shares the most with me.

I think if I  tried to push it into something more it would ruin what we have.  I am happy just the way it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)