Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Settle this debate betwen my husband and I about driving

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I was in my lane when a car came up beside me in the lane that was about to end and almost hit me to cut in front of me. My husband says I should have slowed down to let them over but I was already moving and think they should have stopped and waited until it was clear.  So who is right?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am not usually an asshole who doesnt let people over but really they should not have cut in front of me. I am the type of asshole who lies to my husband and tells him you all agred with me top settle this. mwahaha

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:04 PM
I wouldn't of let them over. But I'm that kind of asshole.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:04 PM
3 moms liked this
They should have slowed since their lane was merging but as soon as I realize some asshole is in a hurry like that, I slow down. It's not worth getting in a wreck to prove a point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Out of common courtesy your dh is right.
If you're a bitch kind of driver, the kind that makes it hard for ppl to merge on the hw too lol then you'd do what you did/have that mentality.
Technically speaking.. You're correct though, you were there first, either they speed it up to get around you, or slow it down to get behind you. Almost hitting you and causing an accident though, those drivers are the worst!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:05 PM
They should have gotten in behind you. But when someone is driving like an asshole I will slow down to let them in because I prefer to avoid accidents.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:05 PM
I would have slowed down to avoid an accident since I don't like filing insurance claims. Or dying.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:06 PM
Well, you both are. It just depends on if you are nice or a jerk. Either way, the guy who refuses to merge until the last second is a jerk. Lol
bigmouthbabe
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:06 PM
Move over if you can or compensate your speed to let them in.
MOM-RN
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:06 PM
I go by whether or not they look like they are going to slow down. I also look at who was farather ahead.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
their lane was ending, they need to adjust their speed to merge.
Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:07 PM

I would have done the same, but technically OP had the right of way.

Quoting Ted1242: I would have slowed down to avoid an accident since I don't like filing insurance claims. Or dying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)