Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need opinions. Mrsa, emergency?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
So a few weeks ago I found a boil on my left breast, it soon turned into an open wound that wouldn't seem to heal.
I treated it diligently. Keeping it clean and covered. It finally healed bit left one heck of a scar :(
But now I have 3 more. I'm worried because the last couple days I've started to have flu like symptoms.
I'm not sure its related but I called the local hospital tonight and asked a nurse if I should be concerned and she said no they would not be related.
I know I "should" take her advice but my gut tells me something is wrong. I really don't feel well :(
I'm worried its staph after looking up my symptoms it looks just like those pictures :(
Should I wait till Monday to see a Dr or just go in and get checked at urgent care?

Opinions and advice please
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:13 PM
If you that worried go to urgent care but not the er.
MOM-RN
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:14 PM
Go to ED. You could become septic if the infection spreads to your blood. You will probably be admitted.
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:15 PM
Urgent care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM
It's nighttime. Did the fever and boils just explode? No. They did not.

It can wait until tomorrow.

I will tell you the ER sees people all the time for crap like this in the middle of the night. But do you know it is Mardi Gras? Drunk driving? Shootings? Stabbings? Rapes? All sorts of crazy shit is going down tonight at the ER. They don't need your weeks old staph infection that can wait for a visit tomorrow, Monday, etc.
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM
I'd go to er. Screw waiting, infections shouldn't be left without treatment. Especially if you're now feeling very unwell.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Quoting MOM-RN: Go to ED. You could become septic if the infection spreads to your blood. You will probably be admitted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you a new grad?

Quoting MOM-RN: Go to ED. You could become septic if the infection spreads to your blood. You will probably be admitted.
ALynn565
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM

You need to go on to the ER. It is better to be safe, than sorry.. Keep us informed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM
You need antibiotics. If it hurts, pain meds. I've gone in for a huge painful boil. It was MRSA. They lanced it and packed it and gave me meds. The Dr said it was good to go in.
MOM-RN
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Quoting Anonymous 3: It's nighttime. Did the fever and boils just explode? No. They did not.

It can wait until tomorrow.

I will tell you the ER sees people all the time for crap like this in the middle of the night. But do you know it is Mardi Gras? Drunk driving? Shootings? Stabbings? Rapes? All sorts of crazy shit is going down tonight at the ER. They don't need your weeks old staph infection that can wait for a visit tomorrow, Monday, etc.

Unless she becomes septic, which can happen in a matter of a few hours and become serious quickly. She waits, there is a chance she will go to the ED anyway in the back of an ambulance. Septic shock is hard to treat and bounce back from. Never risk it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)