Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible to develop an allergy to something you have been using for years

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I always shave my legs with the intuition. For about 2 years now I have been getting hives. Usually they are all over my body, legs, back , stomach, breast, neck. I usually get them at night but never really associated it with shaving. I have been using these razors for over 5 years now.

Tonight I was getting a shower and I shaved my legs. This is the first time it has happened in the shower what is in the picture appeared in my legs. These look different than the hives I was getting and my legs have heat radiating off of them and hurt when I bend them. I just took an allergy pill so h hopefully it goes away.

I know I need to go to the doctor.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Yes, it is possible.


Cajunqueenslsg8
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Yes it is possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:25 PM
My legs feel like they are having hot flashes

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: Yes it is possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Yes.  According to my husband (who is an ER physician) you can become allergic to any thing at any time.  

I was never allergic to anything and now I have a long list.  I thought it was strange too but apparently it's not according to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:26 PM
Yes. That stuff broke me out like crazy.
Sarah923
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:26 PM
Yes, it happens sometimes.
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:27 PM
Yup... I use to use sensitive tooth pate for years... about 2 years ago I got sores in my mouth and it all swelled up.. I developed a severe allergy for the sensitive tooth pastes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:27 PM
Yes, it is very possible. Fairly common actually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:28 PM
I love that razor.but I guess I need to switch to a different kind and see if they stop

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yes. That stuff broke me out like crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:28 PM
It could be that they changed something in the manufacturing of the product that you're now allergic too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)