Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal to get sick of doing the every daily tasks at one point in life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I just woke up one day and decided I don't want to....

Clean the house anymore
Get the kids dressed and un-dressed
Make meals/Cook at all
Walk the dog
Get the kids in and out of their car seats
Take the kids anywhere
Do laundry
Wear makeup
Dress nice...

Basically everything.

I haven't cleaned the house in weeks, cooked in weeks, did laundry in weeks, I haven't worn makeup in months, only thing I still do is take the kids places.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:17 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:20 AM
Talk to your Dr. You sound depressed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM
Sounds like you're depressed. If it's been going on for months you should seek help,
Good luck
ECR70
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM

If you equate it with your husband not wanting to go to work anymore, it might help your perspective. Do something different for a week or so to alleviate what sounds like burnout. Hugs. And yes, in my world endless routine can get old. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM
Quoting Anonymous 2: Talk to your Dr. You sound depressed

I have, she said that it sounds like depression, and prescribed zoloft, but I'm 7 months pregnant and have read some stories about side effects it can cause baby and I don't want to risk her health. So meanwhile I'm just miserable... Ive never dealt with feeling this way before so I don't know what to do.

I thought maybe it's because I'm so isolated at home, and getting a job would help, but I can't find a job while 7 months pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:26 AM
2 moms liked this

This doesn't sound normal.  Having a few days like this is probably normal for all of us... but sweetie, you sound depressed.  See your doctor.

Hopefully she recommends a Hawaiian vacation.  I know that's what I need!

---------------- EDIT!

Way to leave out critical information!  It sounds like you are 7 months pregnant.  Your body is making another human being.  Rest, relax and call in the reinforcements!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:26 AM
Forgot to answer your question. Yes, I do think a majority of people get bored with the every day routine, but yours sounds like more than that.
squeekers
by squeekers on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:27 AM
DH decided when he was 20 that he was sick & tired of doing one thing in his life that drove him crazy - so he stopped. He stopped taking his anti-seizure medication.....and rather quickly had family dialing 911.
So stopping things may have consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:30 AM
Quoting ECR70:

If you equate it with your husband not wanting to go to work anymore, it might help your perspective. Do something different for a week or so to alleviate what sounds like burnout. Hugs. And yes, in my world endless routine can get old. :)

Yeah that makes sense, and I know he doesn't like going to work, so I feel awful that I haven't been holding up my end, but my life is the day every single day. Occasionally we mix it up and I take the kids to kid friendly places, but it's for their enjoyment not mine.. I have no time to myself each day, they wake with me and won't go to bed until I do, and I have no sitter or friends so it's really isolating..

How do you keep yourself from going crazy each day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:33 AM
Yeah I've felt this way since 7 weeks pregnant, I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy hormones, but I was fine and completely happy before. I talked to my doctor, but she wanted to prescribe zoloft and that was the only thing she suggested. I'm worried the effects it will have on the baby.

I could definitely go for a vacation lol. That would be a dream!!! Or just a break from my kiddos every now and then.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

This doesn't sound normal.  Having a few days like this is probably normal for all of us... but sweetie, you sound depressed.  See your doctor.

Hopefully she recommends a Hawaiian vacation.  I know that's what I need!

---------------- EDIT!

Way to leave out critical information!  It sounds like you are 7 months pregnant.  Your body is making another human being.  Rest, relax and call in the reinforcements!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)