Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need to vent...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My husband and I split up last month.  Our agreement was because he has a drinking problem and have came at the kids and myself  disrespectfully when he's  drunk, when the kids and  I move out, he can not have the kids spend the night, but I will allow him to come see the kids during the day and spend some time with him, he can call and videos chat with them because I am not trying to get in the way of his relationship with our children, but I refuse to send them over and chance him getting drunk and coming at them(verbally disrespecting them). We agreed that he would pay $850 a month in child support.  I even agreed that he can give me $425 every other week. I am not trying to make this situation a difficult one. 

Before I moved out, we did our taxes together. We agreed to split everything 50/50....fine. We are still waiting on our state refund.  We were planning to split that as well. 

Since we have been moved out, he called to talk to the children ONCE! The kids called him twice and it's because I encouraged them too. One of those times were tonight. I didn't interfere with their conversation. I went into the room and let them talk to their dad.

later tonight, I see I have a text pleading with me to please allow the kids to come over one weekend. He promise he won't drink. I don't trust it so I said no,  he has to get help first before I allow the kids to come over. He says, I understand why you say that but please just one weekend. He has a gf now and wants me to talk to her so she can tell me how much he changed.  No! It's nothing no female can tell me about a man I have been with for over 12 years. I know he has not changed in a month. 

So he gets mad and say well if you want child support, go to court for it....smh ok, fine. I told him well in that case once the state refund hits my account, I will keep it. He says, well I am going to go file my state tax tomorrow again and  it will make the IRS start  asking questions! I'm so sick of him! He's trying to hurt me but hurting our kids too...I hate him. I'm just trying to be as civil as possible, why is he trying to give me a hard time...I'm trying everything in me to keep it together for my kids....I hate him so much.....

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:57 AM
He definitely needs help :/ maybe you can do something like an intervention? I don't blame you. I wouldn't want the kids around that either. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:59 AM
Men don't like it when they're not in control. What a jackass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:00 AM

Thank You for understanding...I'm so frustrated...ugh

Quoting Anonymous 2: He definitely needs help :/ maybe you can do something like an intervention? I don't blame you. I wouldn't want the kids around that either. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:02 AM

That's all that is! But since he want to make it hard on himself, I'll file for child support and full custody! I was not trying to go that route. I was trying to be civil. But whatever....

Quoting Anonymous 3: Men don't like it when they're not in control. What a jackass.

ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:07 AM

stay strong, keep it together in fornt of your kids, and if need be, join a boxing gym, and imagine his face in the punching bag

Lindalou907
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:07 AM

Have you been to any al anon meetings for family members of alcoholics? They can be very helpful for the kids too. I don't blame you at all for not wanting the kids around him all weekend. It's possible that the new gf would make him want to quit drinking, but it's a long shot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:11 AM
Of course. Good luck. For the kids sake, he needs something. :/ My uncle was a major alcoholic. It's really does affect everyone :(

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thank You for understanding...I'm so frustrated...ugh

Quoting Anonymous 2: He definitely needs help :/ maybe you can do something like an intervention? I don't blame you. I wouldn't want the kids around that either. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:17 AM

Thank you for that idea!  Him and the gf just moved into a nre place together. I think he just wants to play houe but it won't be with my kids. She probably encouraged him to go to court for child support. She was dealing with him even when we lived together. she don't care. If she was any bit of a real women, she would encourage him to get help, but  the way I heard him talk to her, I doubt it

Quoting Lindalou907:

Have you been to any al anon meetings for family members of alcoholics? They can be very helpful for the kids too. I don't blame you at all for not wanting the kids around him all weekend. It's possible that the new gf would make him want to quit drinking, but it's a long shot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:18 AM

That's a good idea! Thanks :)

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

stay strong, keep it together in fornt of your kids, and if need be, join a boxing gym, and imagine his face in the punching bag

ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:19 AM

AND BONUS - you get amazing looking arms from so much punching, and an amazing whole body work out!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That's a good idea! Thanks :)

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)