Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This unvaccinated child's death. Is why we need to jail Anti-Vaxxers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

This unvaccinated child's death. Is why we need to jail Anti-Vaxxers

Using a sweetner called Maple Syrup to treat illness.

When Maple Syrup has never been a real medicine

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/national-content/toddler-dies-after-antivaccine-parents-allegedly-treated-his-meningitis-with-maple-syrup/154312264

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:28 AM
English?
Racer15
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:28 AM
WAT
Racer15
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:36 AM
Oh, I saw this article. The child had meningitis, but died because the parents believed in "natural remedies" and were anti-vaccines. They treated him with maple syrup and other hogwash remedies, the child died.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:40 AM
6 moms liked this

Disagree. It wasn't the lack of vaccination that killed him - meningitis is treatable. It was the parents' failure to seek appropriate medical care when the child became ill that caused his death. These specific individuals should face charges but their actions cannot be extrapolated onto every parent who declines vaccination.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:43 AM

They should have used Mrs. Butterworth's instead.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:45 AM

No....that was idiot parents not seeking treatment for a very sick child.

Racer15
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Not true. Many forms of bacterial meningitis (the deadliest form) have vaccines. Viral meningitis has less vaccine efficacy, but a person with a normal immune system will generally recover fine.
firespurity
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:49 AM
Meningitis is typically very treatable. The parents didn't seek appropriate medical care. I'm not even going to read, but not all forms of meningitis are able to be vaccinated against.
bellawomen
by Summer on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Choosing not to vaccinate is different than choosing not to react to something that is actually within your body.

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:18 AM
Ok, let me see if I've got this straight? A child whose parents are antivax caught meningitis. Rather than seeking medical care, the parents tried treating the infection with natural remedies & maple syrup. The child died & now that child's death is being used to argue for jailing antivax parents simply for being antivax. Is that correct?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)