Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I sue a dentist?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
The dentist told me my toddler had cavities. I was in shock, and too stupid to ask to see them. She said she applied ceramic covered steel crowns, but a second dentist says there is no metal and does not recognize the material. The crowns were not applied correctly. When they turned gray I took him back to the dentist. They told me all kinds of contradicting statements before settling on: his teeth need to be removed. That is why I went to a second dentist.

The first dentist was billed to MedicAid and I think they were just trying to charge as much as possible. During the second visit they actually let it slip that the dr was not certified to apply crowns.

The second dentist says the rest of his teeth look great, and also finds it hard to believe he would have cavities to begin with.

I want to sue them for malpractice and report them for fraud with MedicAid (they also tried to have me sign receipts before I had even made the appts for the work they were billing) but I know they will cover their tracks. Where do I begin?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
firespurity
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Report to Medicaid first. There should be a fraud line.

Contact an attorney about malpractice. They'll tell you how to advance..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:20 AM

I would start by asking for all his records from both dentists.  Then I would find an attorney that specializes in malpractice.

143myboys9496
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:17 AM

Report to Medicaid first. Understand if you sue, most likely Medicare will put a lein on any settlement you may be awarded. 

Talk to a lawyer.

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:33 AM
Document whatever you can. Ask for his records. Demand his records. Get your hands on those records.

Report to Medicaid.

Call a lawyer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)