Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PAY ATTENTION!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:24 AM
  • 19 Replies
For the third time this week our dog has escaped out the backdoor because my husband doesn't pay attention to getting it shut. Thankfully, once we didn't have to chase him because the neighbor brought him back. Tonight is was a special pain in the ass because it has been raining and he ran to a much darker neighborhood. After 40 minutes of chasing him he wound up jumping through the open window of the car.

I told my husband for the millionth time this week to pay attention. I'm getting sick of having to repeat myself over and over again to someone that would rather do things half assed so he can see who the football team he follows picked up in free agency. I'm one tweet away from shoving the phone up his ass.

I'm just venting to avoid shoving his phone up his ass.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe shoving the phone up his ass will motivate him to pay attention. I say just do it. =)
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:27 AM

LOL at passion in the ass

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:29 AM

Quoting WemblyFraggle:

I caught that, too. 

Sorry about your dog getting out OP. He needs to realize that the dog could get seriously injured getting loose liek that. Also, you guys might get into trouble if he gets picked up by animal control. Hopefully, your pooch doesn't get out anymore.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:33 AM
I fixed it. Autocorrect is an ass lol.

I've told him this and he says "I know, I know. "

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Quoting WemblyFraggle:

I caught that, too. 

Sorry about your dog getting out OP. He needs to realize that the dog could get seriously injured getting loose liek that. Also, you guys might get into trouble if he gets picked up by animal control. Hopefully, your pooch doesn't get out anymore.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:33 AM
Autocorrect is an ass lol.

Quoting WemblyFraggle:

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:36 AM

Why did you change it?

That was a great autocorrect

Get a door alarm.  You can buy them at home depot.  It attaches with 2 way tape at the top of the door.  They have different settings.  You can set it to beep if the door is open, open for 5 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 min ect

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol it's a thought. We were in a meeting today where at the we discussed the generation differences. He is generation x and I'm generation y. The general x people were complaining that my generation was to buried in their phone to pay attention and point blank in front of 18 other people I told him that that's one quality he has. Every time there was a tiny break he was checking twitter. I checked my phone on occasion to look for a message from a now former coworker that abruptly quit because I was worried about her.

Quoting DanaG70: Maybe shoving the phone up his ass will motivate him to pay attention. I say just do it. =)
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:40 AM
We're going to add a door latch because with a baby on the way we don't want additional accidents along with an escaping canine.

Quoting WemblyFraggle:

Why did you change it?

That was a great autocorrect

Get a door alarm.  You can buy them at home depot.  It attaches with 2 way tape at the top of the door.  They have different settings.  You can set it to beep if the door is open, open for 5 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 min ect

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:40 AM

My poodle got out with my older dog ONCE. They were gone for two hours while I walked around in the rain and finally started driving on the backroads. My husband had forgotten to close the bay door on the garage and when I was taking them through the garage to go outside they both bolted. They were at a creek about a mile and a half away, swimming. My poodle was completely matted with cockleburrs and it took me three hours to remove them all. I was not happy.

Quoting mattiehatter: I fixed it. Autocorrect is an ass lol. I've told him this and he says "I know, I know. "
Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Quoting WemblyFraggle:

I caught that, too. 

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:44 AM
Thankfully Owen is a short-haired dog.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

My poodle got out with my older dog ONCE. They were gone for two hours while I walked around in the rain and finally started driving on the backroads. My husband had forgotten to close the bay door on the garage and when I was taking them through the garage to go outside they both bolted. They were at a creek about a mile and a half away, swimming. My poodle was completely matted with cockleburrs and it took me three hours to remove them all. I was not happy.

Quoting mattiehatter: I fixed it. Autocorrect is an ass lol.

I've told him this and he says "I know, I know. "

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Quoting WemblyFraggle:

I caught that, too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)