Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They left him home alone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
Skids decided yesterday morning that they don't have to wait for Ds to get on the bus and just left him. It has been the rule all yr that when their Dad and I both have to work in the mornings that one of the skids will stay home until Ds gets on the bus at 730. It's only a couple of days a week.
Skids are 16 and 14 and Ds is 8.
Instead of lecturing skids on following the rules, he lectures Ds about leaving the lights on when he left for school.

Instead of punishing his kids, he told me that Ds is old enough to stay home alone and I need to start making him walk to school. However, he believes the 16yr old is to young to walk to school and I always need to make sure she has money for the city bus (one time in 3yrs she had to walk). I also need to make sure the 14 yr old also has bus money, but he's old enough to decide if he wants to walk or ride the bus (I agree).

I'm pissed. Ds didn't deserve a lecture, he did nothing wrong. He is capable of walking to school, but living here in the midwest with cold winters..I'm not gonna make him walk, just like I wouldn't make skids walk.

Now I know my son isn't skids problem, but with me going to work at 630am means I'm home early enough that they can do after school activities so it's a win, win situation...or so I thought.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM
That's messed up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Guess dad feels quilt about his kids so he let them off easy.
Salut123
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Why don't the step kids have a monthly bus pass?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Do skids get to school on time when they wait for DS?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:31 AM
Your step kids should not have to parent your children. If tog can't be home wroth him then find a morning program to do him off at.
TardisTraveler
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:36 AM
Its an hour. I agree your son should be able to Get to the bus without his step siblings waiting for him. Why should they be later to school? He's not their responsibility and he's 8 not 5.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:36 AM
4 moms liked this
That is seriously messed up. Put your kid in a before school program or find a sitter. First, I would explain the after school activity situation. Tell them they'll gave to find their own transportation if they can't help out the family.
Americanwoman3
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:42 AM
14 moms liked this
I would not go off and leave 8yr old home alone. I also would never make him walk to school by himself. It is perfectly acceptable for the older kids to see him off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:42 AM
28 moms liked this

You have some problems with your husband.  You need to get on the same page.  

I love how people are on her saying he is old enough at 8 years old to stay home and then walk to school.  However, when someone posts about their 8 year old staying home alone for a couple hours they are told they are irresponsible parents.  I love CM.

I would change my hours and husband could figure out his kids stuff since he doesn't care about the youngest

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:09 AM
7 moms liked this
I like this.😀

Quoting Anonymous 5:

You have some problems with your husband.  You need to get on the same page.  

I love how people are on her saying he is old enough at 8 years old to stay home and then walk to school.  However, when someone posts about their 8 year old staying home alone for a couple hours they are told they are irresponsible parents.  I love CM.

I would change my hours and husband could figure out his kids stuff since he doesn't care about the youngest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)