Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Can't Convince Him!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
My oldest son is 10 and already has fairly bad acne. Pimples and blackheads galore. I buy him face wash and remind him everyday, twice a day to wash his face and he just won't do it. He says he forgets or doesn't have time. I'm at my wits end with this kid! I know he's embarrassed about the breakouts so WHY won't he wash his face?! He knows it makes it better, he knows it helps but WON'T do it!!!! Mostly just a vent but also does anyone have any advice for me?
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM

No, my kids have great skin.

krazymom2boyz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM
Well congrats and lucky them.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No, my kids have great skin.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Set aside 10 minutes twice a day when he must do it. If he doesn't he doesnt engage in the next activity until he does it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:50 AM
It's a kid thing. Does he talk well with his doctor? Ds didn't understand why brushing his teeth was "that" important until the dentist explained it to him when he was younger.
krazymom2boyz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:58 AM
He does and at his last appointment he had a good conversation with his dr about this. It had an effect for about 3 weeks then he just stopped caring. :(

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's a kid thing. Does he talk well with his doctor? Ds didn't understand why brushing his teeth was "that" important until the dentist explained it to him when he was younger.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:59 AM
Kids are lazy when you want them to be busy, and busy little meddlers when you want them to be lazy. It's just how it works.

If you take your ds to the doctor and get an Rx for Retin A, would he consider it more important? Feel obligated to use it as prescribed? It's prescription medication, after all.;-) He would have to wash his face before applying it twice a day, morning and night. It might get him on track with the face washing, and it will encourage him to keep at it when the results are seen.
Elyce225
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM

Boys are so lazy.

My now 16 and 15 year old boys went through this.

They didn't have bad acne but they still didn't want any pimples. I made them drink a ton of water, that helped a lot.

Just let it be. He will do it when he wants. Don't make yourself crazy over it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)