Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cremation vs Burial?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

Whats your preference? I know its a little bit of a morbid post for a Friday; but we were discussing this a few days ago.

Most of my DH's family members were saying cremation is what they'd want. I on the other hand can not be cremated due to religious reasons.

I know alot of people will say, what's the difference, when you are gone you are gone, and you won't know any better. But if you had a choice, what would you prefer? Why?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:51 AM
This is a topic I really have no preferences on, I mean I'm dead. Why the fuck should I care about what happens to my rotting corpse?
lizzig
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

neither.  i'm electing to donate all of me.  organs for those that could use them & the rest to science/med schools.

i see no need to take up precious space with my body after my spirit moves on nor waste my children's money on a cremation.  alon those lines i also don't want a funeral, too much of a waste of money imo.  if my family chooses to have a get together to celebrate my life that is their choice.  

TardisTraveler
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:54 AM
I want to be buried but not embalmed.
theboyfactory
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:55 AM
I don't know. I guess I don't really care, but burial is more normal in my family.

I do regret not cremating my son, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to be cremated and turned into a diamond. I'm serious, my husband knows this.
AvantGardener
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Cremation. I want my ashes in the ocean.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM

I prefer cremation. I think it's a waste of money and time to have a funeral. And a little weird.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM

Cremation. I don't want my embalmed corpse polluting the waterways and taking up space. 

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM
Burial. Cremation isn't allowed in my religion. Neither is embalming, so I'll be gone fast.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM
Cremation. Rotting in a box freaks me out. Turn me to dust and sprinkle me in the Kemnebec River.. That is where I feel the most at peace. I want to be there, eternally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)