Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 13 year old uses medical marijuana....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this

She got very sick a couple years ago. She was in the hospital and because of the medication she felt sick. She developed a very bad food aversion which lead to an eating disorder. Nothing we did on top of that helped her. She would pull any feeding tubes out. 

She was in and out of the hospital for a long time. Finally a doctor recommended medical marijuana in the form of a spray, a tincture, or in the form of tea. Depending on what she uses, within a few minutes she is feeling hungry and ready to eat. It has worked wonders. She is at a healthy weight and at this point sometimes she doesnt even need to use it to feel hungry. Our hopes are that eventually she will be okay without using it (It is pretty expensive) or only when she is feeling like she cant eat. 

Many people were against us doing this, including my in laws but it is all legal and now she lives a normal and happy live. Before she was in the hospital near death. All the other medications we used, the therapy she was in, etc helped but never to the point where she was eating on her own, every meal, every day. 

I am sure some people will judge because it is marijuana (I will admit I didnt even like the idea myself) but now seeing the amazing benefits I realize that it can be an amazing thing. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM

My cousin did the same thing... Do what works.

Flurffy
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
If it was a medication under any name other than Marijuana, people wouldn't have any problem with it.

I'm glad you found something to help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I have ALWAYS said that if my children needed it, I would give it to them. It has great uses when needed.
Leelee1008
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I am for the use of medical marijuana, Its natural vs all of these chemicals in pills these drs push down our throats every day. I think if it works for your DD and shes healthy and happy now, Screw the nay sayers.

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM
Whatever it takes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
People can knock weed all they want but there are some really good benefits for using it every so often. I have always been under weight and when I started smoking I finally was able to gain what I needed, once I stopped smoking I was still able to maintain the weight I gained and I'm now at a healthy weight

Quoting Anonymous 1:

She got very sick a couple years ago. She was in the hospital and because of the medication she felt sick. She developed a very bad food aversion which lead to an eating disorder. Nothing we did on top of that helped her. She would pull any feeding tubes out. 

She was in and out of the hospital for a long time. Finally a doctor recommended medical marijuana in the form of a spray, a tincture, or in the form of tea. Depending on what she uses, within a few minutes she is feeling hungry and ready to eat. It has worked wonders. She is at a healthy weight and at this point sometimes she doesnt even need to use it to feel hungry. Our hopes are that eventually she will be okay without using it (It is pretty expensive) or only when she is feeling like she cant eat. 

Many people were against us doing this, including my in laws but it is all legal and now she lives a normal and happy live. Before she was in the hospital near death. All the other medications we used, the therapy she was in, etc helped but never to the point where she was eating on her own, every meal, every day. 

I am sure some people will judge because it is marijuana (I will admit I didnt even like the idea myself) but now seeing the amazing benefits I realize that it can be an amazing thing. 

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Quoting Flurffy: If it was a medication under any name other than Marijuana, people wouldn't have any problem with it. I'm glad you found something to help.

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:33 AM
I am so happy you found such a safe way to help your child. No judgement here. I'm giving you a virtual high five!
Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
I am a medical marijuana user for debilitating chronic pain. If my daughter ever needed it then I would do it.
I am glad you found something that helped her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Whoopee. Just don't let her drive after she's taken her medicines. She may have impaired cognition. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)