Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

roommate/rent situation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
So arrangment is the rent gets paid from person A bank account. Person B deposits share of rent to person A account monthly and also deposits the check to the landlords account same day.

Back in August person B Got the whole rent paid because it was offered from outside source. Person A didn't have to pay share because of that.

Now, person A Got offered to have the rent paid by outside source.

Person A said to person B, I still need your portion of the rent so I can use it for additional bills, not joint bills, just personal bills. Person B feels that is unfair because of August.

Person B feels like the favor should be returned. But person A feels that because person B is doing fine financially and person A is struggling that person B has no right to feel upset.

What say you cm?

Outside sources:
Person B =a couseling service. Choice was to sign up 1 child for summer program or get rent paid to use it to sign up the 2nd child also. Decision was to sign both children up for a summer program.

Person A is struggling to make bills, and made it know to church. The church has a relief program and person A Got selected. 
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM

i say that person A needs to get their shit together

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
How are they getting all these outside sources to pay their rent?
jamamama00
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you want the answer to what is legally correct or what is morally correct?
Chickadee837
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Who's paying everyone's rent?

A should not get Bs rent for the month if someone is else is paying it. Also, A is a democrat clearly lol.
mommahellbetty
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM
Person a should have same arrangement,or next time person b will treat person in a different manor.
Person a sounds like a FCK up.
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
A is being greedy and B needs to check the bills and with the landloard to make sure what should be paid is getting paid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Person B =a couseling service. Choice was to sign up 1 child for summer program or get rent paid to use it to sign up the 2nd child also. Decision was to sign both children up for a summer program.

Person A is struggling to make bills, and made it know to church. The church has a relief program and person B Got selected.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How are they getting all these outside sources to pay their rent?
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Morally, they would be even at that point.

Legally, Person B offered the other month as a gift and Person A isn't obligated to do the same.  

From now on, I would stick to the rental agreement and not do any favors for Person A.  

And, I want to know how they both have "outside sources" willing to pay their rent.  Are they lying to these sources and giving the whole amount instead of their share? Nobody ever offers to pay my bills for me. Ever. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM
How about both?

Quoting jamamama00: Do you want the answer to what is legally correct or what is morally correct?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
If person didn't want to pay it all with the offer they should have kept it to yourself and let you pay as normal.

Idiot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)