Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help ladies! Anyone dealing or know anything about how to gain custody of an abused baby?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:14 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm writing this for a friend of mine.. OK so my friend has 3 little boys with her husband who does not talk to his 18 year old sister cause she had a lot of issues. Well his mom lives with his sister and her baby's father... About a week ago the baby who is a 5 month old boy was rushed to the hospital , the baby has many scull fractures and had bleeding on the brain. He will need seizure medication and lots of special care. He is still in the hospital and the father is in jail... Well the sad part is nobody got this baby help right away.. According to some text messages the mom wrote she knew something was wrong and was scared to get help. Well my friends husband the moms brother wants custody! Doesn't want this baby in the system.. They are telling them that the baby cannot be with family. Her husband and her are desperate and trying to get custody before he is in foster care! The grandma wants custody of the baby but she was the one sticking up for her daughter and her husband and keeps saying accidents happen. The hospital is saying this was not an accident. The daughter is still living with the mom .... So I don't think that will happen. Whats sad is the mom post on facebook all these go fund me pages to free her boyfriend..( how about a go fund me page for her baby!!) The officers said she didn't have a tear in her eye for her son .. But when they talk about the father she cries!!.. Now is this just policy that the baby doesn't go with any family until they sort everything out or is this for good? My friend is racking her brain her and her husband trying to get this baby! They never met him but would love to take him in. Any help?? Or what to do ..TIA sorry for all the typos just in a rush!
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AmandaD88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM
Not. Clue but here is a bump and a prayer for the baby.
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM

I would get a lawyer to help.

Mandy270429
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM
She is going to meet with a lawyer Monday she just told me baby was discharged today! They are not telling her anything else ;/
Jujubee12
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM

We sort of just went through this with extended family. The first thing you have to do is get a lawyer and then the lawyer will walk you through it, it can be very tricky. Custody is a strange thing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM
I don't know. But I can see the states reason. The kid was beaten. And if he is in the family, the people who abused him can still make contact.

I wouldn't do anything. Rather the baby be safe and far away from the abuser
Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Quoting AmandaD88: Not. Clue but here is a bump and a prayer for the baby.

hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Your friend's husband would have to not have contact with his sister; that's probably why they're saying "no family".. because family is called first.  Tell him to get an AAAA lawyer.

Mandy270429
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:56 AM
The husband has not had contact with his sister since she was 16 I'm not sure what she did to him but he refuses to talk to his sister or mother
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)