Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you replace it or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Our stupid dog decided to go into my dds room and tear up her stuffed animal. My dd loves her stuffed animals and sleeps with one every night. We had talked about taking it with us to great wolf lodge since it was a wolf. Im not sure if she renembers that conversation or if she would bring it up when its time for us to go. Would you replace it or throw it out and hope she forgets?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM

I'd throw it out in hopes she'd forget. Only because my son has too many stuffed animals and I'm sick of them. They take up too much space! If she mentions it just buy her a new one at Great Wolf Lodge. I'm sure they have cute stuff in the gift shop. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd is the same way! We gave 2 bags of them to goodwill. I had to get one of those hammocks so her toybox wasnt overflowing.

Quoting Famousglm714:

I'd throw it out in hopes she'd forget. Only because my son has too many stuffed animals and I'm sick of them. They take up too much space! If she mentions it just buy her a new one at Great Wolf Lodge. I'm sure they have cute stuff in the gift shop. 

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM

toss it

momngram
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Throw it out and hope she forgets.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM
Toss it and hope she forgets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM

how old is she? Unless she has an irrational attachment to it (like my oldest has to her Ms. Bunny), I would just throw it away and let her pick out a new wolf at Great Wolf Lodge...  Depending on the child I might not even tell her the old one was damaged...

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM

People just won't quit buying them even though I asked nicely. :/

Quoting Anonymous 1: My dd is the same way! We gave 2 bags of them to goodwill. I had to get one of those hammocks so her toybox wasnt overflowing.
Quoting Famousglm714:

HellHound
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I bet your dd knows every single stuffed aninimal she has and will definitely remember that conversation. I'd replace it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM
Instead of throwing them out,why not donate them to a abuse shelter,police/fire dept or CPS, a children's hospital. They can be comforting to children who need comfort.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
Replace it. If your dog chewed up a pair of your shoes and your Dh just threw them away and didn't say anything because he thought you had "Too many " would YOU be happy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)