Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your hobby?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM
  • 36 Replies

Recently I met a woman who has no hobbies. Shes a SAHM with only one child and shes not too poor to have a hobby cause her husband has a pretty expensive one. But she says she has no hobbies and her interests are just like.. sometimes watching tv, but not to an extent that id call it an interest. I mean its her life and if shes happy thats all that matters. But it makes me sad to think about! I couldnt imagine it.

So I was wondering, what are your guys's hobbies? If you dont have any, are you happy that way or just struggling to find something? 

I myself am what my husband affectionately refers to as a serial hobbiest lol. Right now im mostly focused on historical costuming. I just finished an ensemble from the 1760s and will be working on one from the 1840-50s next. I also draw, do nature photography, wood working, knitting, playing drums, hiking, really anything considered crafty... the list goes on. I like to try everything lol. 

what do you guys do?

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM
I ski and run and paddleboard, but I don't consider those hobbies, just activities I enjoy.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
I collect books, I'm in a lot of book groups, I follow a lot of authors on social media, I write reviews... basically anything to do with books.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM
I ride my horse, read, hike, bike, and bake.
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I journal, paint, swim, read. I have quite a few hobbies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM
I have no hobbies, I couldn't even get interested in coloring
Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I read and go to classic car shows/cruises and events. My whole family is really into it and it's a lot of fun. 

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
My favorite hobby is reading. I generally read a couple books a week.

I also like to cook. Mostly I do simple things during the week but then I like to try new techniques and recipes on weekends.

I have scrapbook stuff. I need to get more pictures though.

beco8627
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
I read. I write. I do Netflix at evening. It's my way of falling asleep. I make frames. I make wreaths. I'm also obsessed with food and wine. I recently started my own food blog.
In the summer I'm more outdoorsy with my boys.
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM

scrapbooking

Jujubee12
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have no hobbies, I couldn't even get interested in coloring

are you uninterested in having hobbies or just having a hard time findind something that works for you? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)