Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big dog often off leash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
So today I'm trying to take my children on a bike stroll when we get followed by a large brown dog. Instead of going to where I was headed I quickly go back home. The dog and owner followed us to our door way. The seemed annoyed and asked if we had been attacked or something. I said no but I don't like dogs not on leashes. I had seen this dog outside unleashed a lot over the past year. Should I call animal control or am I being unreasonable? I am scared of any dog that's not my own.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM
I don't like to have to take the chance of being chased every time I step outside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM
I'd make friends with the dog and be done with it.
Skittles2015
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
3 moms liked this
That's ridiculous. You don't own the outside world. If the dog is not harmful and is well behaved then get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
Why did the owner follow you? That's over stepping. I'd say something to them if it happens again. Then call. Even if it's been a lot already.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM
I'm the same way. If I don't know a certain dog I won't allow them come near my kids. Like if it's a family dog or a friends dog I'm okay with. But not some strangers dog.

Why did he asked you if you were attacked?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM
Agreed. Yes, the owner should leash the dog, but that he/she followed you to your door and wasn't apologetic, makes me think this would be the easiest solution.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd make friends with the dog and be done with it.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM

Does your city have a leash ordinance?  If so, then report the owner.  If the city has passed a law that all dogs must be on leash then that means ALL DOGS. period. Why didn't you tell the dog to "go away"?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM
I just checked and there is a law. I was too frightened to address the dog.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Does your city have a leash ordinance?  If so, then report the owner.  If the city has passed a law that all dogs must be on leash then that means ALL DOGS. period. Why didn't you tell the dog to "go away"?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
But why not leash it? You can't just have a dog running around wild. That's dangerous.

Quoting Skittles2015: That's ridiculous. You don't own the outside world. If the dog is not harmful and is well behaved then get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM

I'd call. That is annoying. I would be mad if anyone followed me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)