Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to talk when he's available

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My husband is a truck driver and will only talk to me when he wants to. He doesn't make himself available ever at bedtime or in the morning. The kids go days without talking to him. It's like he's losing interest in us all together. He says he is working and I'm home so I should be available when he is.

I don't know how to deal with him being gone, all the housework, and the kids. Awhile, trying to have a healthy relationship.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
craazycuckoo
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

He sounds like a wonderful guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
My husband is a truck driver. OTR two weeks or longer at a time. It's not easy.

But yes I make sure I'm available for him when he calls. Why because DOT doesn't play with drivers. Even when they have a hands free set.

Depending on what type of loads your husband is carrying he might not have a chance to talk 24-7. Mine doesn't he calls when he can
Rigby229
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Well bedtime makes a little sense because he might be exhausted. And mornings maybe he's getting to go on the road. Ask him what times are best for you to have the kids call. Maybe text might work also. When i was married my dh would just say let me call you later and i knew he was busy. When he wasn't he'd call back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
He drives evening earlier morning. He could call at bedtime but he wants to do his relaxing then and wants me to be available at 2-3 in the morning when I have to get the kids up at 5:30.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband is a truck driver. OTR two weeks or longer at a time. It's not easy.

But yes I make sure I'm available for him when he calls. Why because DOT doesn't play with drivers. Even when they have a hands free set.

Depending on what type of loads your husband is carrying he might not have a chance to talk 24-7. Mine doesn't he calls when he can
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM
At bedtime is when he's getting started. He could but that's when he showers and does he's things. He wants to chat in the middle of the night.

Quoting Rigby229: Well bedtime makes a little sense because he might be exhausted. And mornings maybe he's getting to go on the road. Ask him what times are best for you to have the kids call. Maybe text might work also. When i was married my dh would just say let me call you later and i knew he was busy. When he wasn't he'd call back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:30 PM
That might be because he's trying to keep him self awake. Even if he's rested during the day. Long driving makes a person sleepy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: At bedtime is when he's getting started. He could but that's when he showers and does he's things. He wants to chat in the middle of the night.

Quoting Rigby229: Well bedtime makes a little sense because he might be exhausted. And mornings maybe he's getting to go on the road. Ask him what times are best for you to have the kids call. Maybe text might work also. When i was married my dh would just say let me call you later and i knew he was busy. When he wasn't he'd call back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)