Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you freaking kidding me? Sure, just make him have an allergic reaction, genius.

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am SO frustrated. I just got home from picking my child up from school because after four years of telling them, having it on his forms, that he is allergic to strawberries...they gave him a dessert with strawberry in it. He knows he has an allergy, and will freak out if someone offers him something that has strawberries, but he swears he did not know this had anything strawberry in it, and his teacher didn't tell him. This is the SECOND time this year that she has done this, but the last time it was making strawberry jam so he knew not to go near it (and she punished him for being upset about not being included in the activity even though she knew he was allergic, but I won't get started on that).

Now, my kid is covered in hives and is in bed miserable. He is cuddled up to me watching a movie. I am so beyond fed up with this teacher. It's just plain careless. 

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOM-RN
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like it is time to find another sitter/daycare. Hope he feels better. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you talked to school admin?
TheRaz
by Liz on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry! Poor kiddo

Hope he feels better soon, and I'd be pretty upset with the teacher!
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM
3 moms liked this

at this point, i would probably be speaking to the principal about putting my child in another classroom.

Slick_Shoes
by Data on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM

This is a third grade teacher, in a special needs class to boot. 

Quoting MOM-RN:

Slick_Shoes
by Data on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM

I didn't today because I was more concerned with getting him home and comfortable, but I will be going in on Monday morning. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Have you talked to school admin?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Ask to get his teacher switched. That teacher is really careless to put a kid near or eat something that they are allergic to.

I always ask before I bring something in for my daughters class if there's any kids have allergies.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor kiddo. Hives are not fun at all. I'd be livid. My dd is the same with avacados. Also on the forms. It is careless actions of the teacher, and I'd talk with the super attendant. Go above and beyond.
MOM-RN
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Time to go to the principal and administration. My DD has celiac disease, one screw up and it's not a big deal but when the same person makes the same mistake multiple times it is time for them to get some more training. 

Quoting Slick_Shoes:

This is a third grade teacher, in a special needs class to boot. 

Quoting MOM-RN:

Slick_Shoes
by Data on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

He has ASD, so we don't have any other option in the school he is in now. Next year, he goes into the 4th/5th grade classroom, so hopefully we get someone a bit more observant :/

Quoting mojogirl:

at this point, i would probably be speaking to the principal about putting my child in another classroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)