Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omfg. I would kill for just a little attention

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
Yes I'm being a needy bitch. My boyfriend has been working insane hrs all week - which I get. He is also a volunteer firefighter and this week, it has seemed like every day after work his damn radio has been going crazy so he's been having to take off on calls daily. He had fire training til 10:30 last night after work. He finally has a day off today - and what did he do? Took off first thing this morning with my ds13 to run errands and then go to the firehouse to wash the damn truck and stock the squad. I am sooo friggin bored and lonely. We can't go out alone tonight because my ds13 is babysitting for my friend and we need to be here as back up and I have to pick mt dd15 up from her choir contest around 11 tonight. Tomorrow is out because my ds13 has choir contest in the morning and my dd15 has a bday party to go to in the evening/night. Sunday is out because we have to go to his Mom's. And then right back to crazy work. I guess I better just get used to being lonely and feeling ignored because it seems like there is absolutely no time for me.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:22 PM
Bump
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:23 PM

I guess you'd better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Move along now, nothing to see here

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:24 PM
I'm so fucking sick of this. Between the firehouse and work and kid shit he has no time whatsoever for me. I didn't move in with him to be alone all the fucking time.

Quoting corticosteroid:

I guess you'd better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:26 PM
God forbid I want him to skip the firehouse just fucking once to spend a little time with me. He is volunteer for a reason. He is NOT required to be there.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Move along now, nothing to see here

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:26 PM

It won't be like this forever or even next week, likely. Even if you can't go out alone, you can still spend time together tonight. Cook dinner together. Watch a movie. Play a board game.  I know it's rough when you can't spend a lot of time one-on-one, but don't give up. Things will get better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:26 PM

You'll get used to it. I've come to enjoy my alone time. DH works 6 or 7 days a weeks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:27 PM
If this is the norm I think you need to address the issue with him. The firefighters that I know all make family time a priority and most of them work second jobs also. If he doesn't miss you as well then you've got a problem that's worse than his schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:28 PM
No person should depend solely on another human being for their emotional fulfillment. Of course, this is easy for me to say, I'm an introvert and would sincerely love to be left alone the majority of the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Hopefully he will turn the fucking radio off tonight at least but I doubt it. Since my son is watching my friend's kid here I doubt he will want to. The kid annoys him so I can see him wanting a call he has an excuse to escape.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

It won't be like this forever or even next week, likely. Even if you can't go out alone, you can still spend time together tonight. Cook dinner together. Watch a movie. Play a board game.  I know it's rough when you can't spend a lot of time one-on-one, but don't give up. Things will get better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)