Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll never be Mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
This morning was just another bitter reminder that I'll never be mom.
I can be the fun, crazy, silly aunt. I can be the favorite aunt that lets them stay up late and eat junk food. I can do all ths fun crafts and trips to the park. But at the end of the day Im not mom. Im not the one they want when they are hurt, sick, scared. I will never be that one person that can make everything better.

While i love each and everyone of our 16 neices and nephews being an aunt is a whole new level of bittersweet heaven-hell. Its been 11 years of trying to convince and knowing that Aunt will most likely be my only title kills me.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Sorry you can't have your own children. Have you tried to be a foster mom that can later adopt?

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:51 PM
I'm sorry. That's heartbreaking.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM

why would you be mom?are you raising them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Have you tried to adopt??? There are plenty of children who need a mother. I am sorry you cant have your own bio children.
shiny76
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:58 PM

i'm sorry, it's truely heartbreaking to read this. i hope one day you consider possably adoption.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:05 PM
Thank you. We have looked into private/state fostering/adoption but sadly right now we are not candidates. We hope maybe in the future.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Sorry you can't have your own children. Have you tried to be a foster mom that can later adopt?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM

I'm sorry maybe things will change in the future. Have you said you'll take any child no matter if they have health problems or not

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. We have looked into private/state fostering/adoption but sadly right now we are not candidates. We hope maybe in the future.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

CreamTop
by I Rise on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM
I'm sorry. I'm a mom of children adopted from overseas, and it is a wonderful way to build a family! We sacrificed like crazy, and it was all worth it. I hope you can find the right path to motherhood for you ❤️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM
No we are not raising any of the kids. Its not so much that i want to be THEIR mom as much as i want to be mom to my own child/ren (and that does not matter if its through adoption or other ways).

Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

why would you be mom?are you raising them?

JustMyHumbleOpi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:03 PM
I'm so sorry, that must be so hard. I wish you all the best in your journey to motherhood. My heart aches for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)