Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not the day I planned

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
I went in for an appointment with my dietician today at the endoscopy center I see her at. I had pretty severe cramping in my lower abdomen that got worse through out the morning until I was nearly in tears by the day I walked into the drs office. The dietician called in the dr to examine me. Now here I sit waiting to have a ct scan to confirm the drs diagnosis of diverticulitis. Essentially a weakening in the sigmoid portion of the large intestine may have perforated and the steadily increasing pain could be a symptom of a nasty infection.

This certainly puts a damper on my weekend plans. I really hopeful that they don't see anything in there and this is just a huge false alarm.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM
Sorry for any errors. I'm on my phone and in quite a bit of pain.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:56 PM
At least they are examining and diagnosing you quickly.
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:58 PM
my mil had a perforated bowel last year. They had to give her a colostomy bag and she was in ICU for over a week. But she put off going to the doctor for days.
BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:00 PM
It was a right place right time kids of thing. I'm still hopeful it nothing though

Quoting bleumonster: At least they are examining and diagnosing you quickly.
BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:02 PM
That's the worst case he was telling me about and the reason for the scan rather than just starting on the antibiotics. He said by documenting these occurrences (if he's right of course) they could surgically fix the problem before it would get that bad.

Quoting elzmnsf: my mil had a perforated bowel last year. They had to give her a colostomy bag and she was in ICU for over a week. But she put off going to the doctor for days.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:03 PM
Fingers crossed.

Quoting BabyBrooke13: It was a right place right time kids of thing. I'm still hopeful it nothing though

Quoting bleumonster: At least they are examining and diagnosing you quickly.
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:26 PM
I pray that it can be fixed without all of that! But just so you know, the bag doesn't stop her any. She lives a normal life and works and has a social life and nobody knows unless she tells them.

Quoting BabyBrooke13: That's the worst case he was telling me about and the reason for the scan rather than just starting on the antibiotics. He said by documenting these occurrences (if he's right of course) they could surgically fix the problem before it would get that bad.

Quoting elzmnsf: my mil had a perforated bowel last year. They had to give her a colostomy bag and she was in ICU for over a week. But she put off going to the doctor for days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)