Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't like the way she makes me feel!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Let me first say that I am bisexual. I am very proud of it and open with it. However, due to past circumstances, I have walls I have built up around myself and I don't like to let people close to me. I have grown to prefer it that way.

Now....a few months ago I began a new job. I like my job. It's fun and different every day. There is a coworker there, however, that I don't like. Not for anything bad.....she just.....is awesome. What scares me the most is the first time I met her, within a few hours, she had every wall I had built up around myself torn down. I thought it was just an odd coincidence, and ignored it.

Nope.

Every single time she is around me, the walls come down as soon as I see her. No one has ever had this effect on me. Never. I like her....but at the same time it scares me that she is able to make me feel like this with such ease. I know this sounds like a bunch of rambling and I am sorry. I just don't like how easy it is for her to cause me to open up to her and show her things about myself that no one else has ever known.

How do I make it stop? I really don't like this feeling.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM
Bump
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Therapy?  You can control how you respond to people.  Just like if you have a crush on a married person or your boss.  You just stop.  

Zengirl79
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a girl crush

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:45 PM
I thought I had it stopped. I didn't see her at work for a few days, and everything was fine. Then, I see her, and bam.....all the walls came crashing back down and I turned into this nervous person again, hyper aware of the things I was saying and doing around her.

No one.....not a single soul....has ever made my walls crumble like her. No one has ever been able to get through to me like she does.

Quoting Spam72:

Therapy?  You can control how you respond to people.  Just like if you have a crush on a married person or your boss.  You just stop.  

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:46 PM

Definitely a girl crush.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok?  Unless you have spent time with her in a personal setting and both shared about your lives, it's infatuation/crush/lust.  It's chemical.  We all have phases like that.  They come and go.  Real love happens over time.  She's perfect, in every way you know, and you fill in the blanks of perfection for the things you don't know.  Be logical. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I thought I had it stopped. I didn't see her at work for a few days, and everything was fine. Then, I see her, and bam.....all the walls came crashing back down and I turned into this nervous person again, hyper aware of the things I was saying and doing around her. No one.....not a single soul....has ever made my walls crumble like her. No one has ever been able to get through to me like she does.
Quoting Spam72:

momngram
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Tell yourself you are strong than your feelings.  Stop talking about anything personal.  You can do this. You are a grown woman.  Your feelings do not control you.  Just repeat that the entire time you are in the same space as she is.  "MY FEELINGS DO NOT CONTROL ME.  I AM STRONGER THAN FEELINGS".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:52 PM
I really do hope that this is just a phase. I know it sounds so stupid and well....childish. But this is so odd to me. I've kept myself closed off from people for so long, and then suddenly someone is able to break though all that with just a glance and a smile. It's scary to me and I don't like it.

Quoting Spam72:

Ok?  Unless you have spent time with her in a personal setting and both shared about your lives, it's infatuation/crush/lust.  It's chemical.  We all have phases like that.  They come and go.  Real love happens over time.  She's perfect, in every way you know, and you fill in the blanks of perfection for the things you don't know.  Be logical. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I thought I had it stopped. I didn't see her at work for a few days, and everything was fine. Then, I see her, and bam.....all the walls came crashing back down and I turned into this nervous person again, hyper aware of the things I was saying and doing around her.

No one.....not a single soul....has ever made my walls crumble like her. No one has ever been able to get through to me like she does.

Quoting Spam72:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:57 PM
Sounds like a crush to me. Also sounds pretty dramatic to describe it like she's just a perfect unicorn smashing all your emo walls down...
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Go to therapy to figure out why you're feeling this way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)