Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Kill Cactus? UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM
  • 73 Replies
My neighbors just planted huge cactus along our property line. We had some problems with the big boys straying from our yard into hers. But they now stay out of it for the most part. Except, now my 2 year old is big enough to run and play in the yard. I will sit on the pkrch with my newborn and let him play, but sometimes he crosses the property line. He's obedient enough that he will come back or stop when I tell him to, it will just take sometime for him to learn to stay out of that area. I don't understand why she would put cactus there to hurt a small child, it not like he hurts anything by taking a few steps into her yard.

UPDATE: Her cactus died. She planted during the the rainiest week in the rainiest part of the year. I watched her finally dig them up today and dh got home in time to help her push the wheel barrel full of them.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Salt just pour tons of salt then water it. Do it every day until it's dead.
virtuous_wife31
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:16 PM
Thanks, but do you think I'll go to jail?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Salt just pour tons of salt then water it. Do it every day until it's dead.
firespurity
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Leave it alone and keep your kid out of her yard. Maybe it has nothing to do with you and your kids. Maybe she likes cacti
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Just don't get caught. ..

And no I don't think you'd go to jail. Maybe get a ticket for destruction of property.

Quoting virtuous_wife31: Thanks, but do you think I'll go to jail?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Salt just pour tons of salt then water it. Do it every day until it's dead.
theResidentCat
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM
We don't have them here but curious how to kill em :D
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Leave the cactus alone and concentrate on keeping your kids in your yard.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:21 PM
It's a low thing to do (I've fallen into cactus, it's no fun) but leave it alone. If anything out a gate upon your side to protect your child.
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM
This or here's a idea...go and TALK TO HER instead of being sneaky and risking a lawsuit.

Quoting firespurity: Leave it alone and keep your kid out of her yard. Maybe it has nothing to do with you and your kids. Maybe she likes cacti
virtuous_wife31
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM
Like I said, he's 2. I'm not running around right behind him. He understands "don't go in the road" or "stay out of the mud". But it will be a while before he catches on to "stay out of the neighbors yard". And really he could stay in our yard and fall into the cactus.

Quoting firespurity: Leave it alone and keep your kid out of her yard. Maybe it has nothing to do with you and your kids. Maybe she likes cacti
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep your kids in your yard, that's why the cactus is there. Don't like it put a fence up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)