Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Violating probation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
So off topic but I really need help with this question. My brother is on probation for year for an accident that he had. He went out of the country for spring break and got a call saying he wasn't supposed to leave the country . He's never been in trouble before and I don't think I've ever met anyone who's ever been on probation so we didn't know he couldn't leave . As soon as he gets back he has to go see his probation officer. What will happen? Does anyone no anything about this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM
Oh he knew he couldn't leave the country. The PO officer could have his probation violated and he would have to serve his time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM
He will probably go to jail.
tddncw2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this
It's quite possibly that they might revoke his probation. His probation officer would have gone over all the rules the first time they met.
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:33 PM
What's going to happen is he's going to jail. This isn't a minor probation violation like being late to a meeting or something. He left the country; probation is over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:33 PM
He knew he couldn't leave.
janedoedoh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:33 PM
Idk how he did not know he couldn't leave the country. But where I live probation is very strict where as some other cities and states it's not.
I guess his probation officer could make him do jail time, or longer probation, or just give him a warning. I'd say it really depends on what state he is in and what the laws are.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Yea that's not something they don't tell you. It's likely he will go to jail.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM
He will have to appear before a jidge to answer the probation violation. The judge will decide if he continues probation or can throw him in jail.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM
This. And he knew. They're quite thorough when explaining the rules.

Quoting oryxx31: What's going to happen is he's going to jail. This isn't a minor probation violation like being late to a meeting or something. He left the country; probation is over.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM
They inform you multiple times that are not supposed to leave the state without permission. It's in the paperwork stating the requirements to remain on probation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)