Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where the he** do I find clothes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
For my dd?

She's almost 6, and is 42" tall. So, fairly normal height. However, she needs a 2t, maybe a 3t for her waist.

We've been getting by, by kinda doing the Audrey Hepburn thing, and wearing lots of cigarette pants, but she is tired of wearing the same thing over and over.

Any suggestions for clothing for really slim kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Childrens Place, Justice, GAP kids, Crewcuts, Old Navy, Target, Kohls.
mammakittykat
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:51 PM
Carters or gyboree or maybe target. Somewhere with an adjustable waist or slim fit.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD is the same way.

Adjustable waistbands are our best friends.
southernwldchld
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:53 PM

I would buy slim fits for my kids and then put a stitch in the waist on either side. Two of them hated the adjustable waists because the buttons were right on their hipbones. 

julainepw
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:53 PM
I would look for the pants where you can adjust the waist. Or look for brands that offer "slims". My niece shops at justice for jeans/pants because they have slim fits and that works for her. Once you find the brand that works just get several different styles from that designer. :)
Hope you find a type that works well for your dd.
DragonGirl319
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM

It's almost summer to start buying shorts, and leggings that can be worn as capris

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM
I was hoping to find somewhere with skirts or something as well. I refuse to let her wear 2t skirts, lol

And the problem with her, is that if it fits length wise, even pulling the adjustable band all the way, it's still loose, then it is also all bunched up!

Quoting KendallsMommee: My DD is the same way.

Adjustable waistbands are our best friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM
She is usually really cold, so she likes pants

Quoting DragonGirl319:

It's almost summer to start buying shorts, and leggings that can be worn as capris

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM
I hate how bunched up the top of the pants get with the adjustable waists. I usually have to pull them all the way in for dd

Quoting southernwldchld:

I would buy slim fits for my kids and then put a stitch in the waist on either side. Two of them hated the adjustable waists because the buttons were right on their hipbones. 

lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM

That's why I'm glad I can sew a lot of clothes for my daughter. She's almost two but today she wore some 9 month shorts that fit her well. She was able to wear adjustable waist 12 month jeans this winter that were only a little bit too long, and I made the rest of her pants. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)