Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DEADPOOL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
Has anyone else's 9 year old asked to see this? His friends has. I might be that bad mom of the year who takes him. Who had and let me know!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM
Not appropriate at all for a nine year old. The language alone is atrocious.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM
No, I saw I without kids and I wouldn't take my 10 year old to see it. I'm far from being a prude but it was just really raunchy and a lot of vulgar language which I'd rather not have repeated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT, DON'T READ THIS AND BITCH LATER BECAUSE THIS IS AN OBVIOUS WARNING!!

Have YOU seen it? Other than like a 3 minute sex scene where you see IT ALL, including him getting it up the ass, it's not that bad. Well.....there's some blood and guts, but nothing my kids wouldn't be able to handle. The sex scene though? Yeah, it's THAT bad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM
No, don't take a 9 yr old. I took my 13 yr old without fully researching the reason for the rating. The language was awful, violence was intense, and there are a couple of sex scenes, too. Wait til it comes out on video at least so you can skip the worst parts.
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I've  never been one to be too strict about what my kids watched... but I would not have let either of them see Deadpool at 9. I did get my almost 16 year old in to see it, but I sure as heck wouldn't of at 9.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM
I didn't think it was that bad. I watched American Pie when I was around that age and think it was worse than Deadpool. Swearing and violence doesn't bug me and there wasn't really any nudity besides a quick shot of a shadow of a penis
KtyKat757
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I wouldnt take a 9 year old.  My very first thought when I started watching it is that these Marvel movies are getting more inappropriate for child audiences.  However, it was a great movie :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Do you typically allow your 9-year-old to watch sexually explicit shows?

The violence is pretty graphic, but not necessarily more than zombie movies. But most of the jokes are adult-themed, and a 9-year-old is unlikely to understand most of them (and do you really want to explain cunnilingus, fellatio, and anal sex to your child?)

NYmama96
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM
Only you can decide if it is appropriate for your child. I let my older two see it and they said that we need to screen it first. They are teenage boys if that gives you any idea.
PoisonEyeV
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Yeah go for it.......not my kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)