Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No your mom can not babysit anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Occasionally mil will babysit on the odd occasion we have a function. Maybe once every 4 months. Last time she watched my ds who is 2 she didnt to feed him dinner. Her and fil had chili and she didn't think he would like it. So instead of offering him a sandwich or an alternative, she waited for my dh to pick him up at 8 and told him he has to make him dinner.

Today, he was there 4 hours. I send plenty of toys, diapers, whipes and a change of clothes. I picked him up and his diaper was so saturated it was hanging between his legs with his little butt crack hanging out. She says he 'may need a change' but I forgot.

In all honesty, she not a malicious woman. I think the time has come that she is just not capable of caring for him properly anymore. She's 70 and while that's not 'old' I think it may be time to just have fun visits while we are all there.

Dh is going to pitch a fit when I tell him I don't want ds going over there alone. I know it
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TardisTraveler
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM
I agree. Shes likely just too old to handle it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM
At least she doesn't put the diapers on backwards.
mommy404204
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:13 PM
Just sounds like she can not take care of him any more. My ex's mother is not allowed to watch the kids because she smokes and just does things I didn't like. To be honest there are only a few people that I will leave my kids with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)