Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I couldn't do it eta, eta2 omfg!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Dh asked me to tag along with him today while he's working. He's a truck driver but drives a dually with a gooseneck trailer. So not a semi.
Anyways we've encountered 2 idiot drivers already doing absolutely absurd shit. He made a left turn and once he got on the access road this car came speeding up the shoulder on the right hand side of us. Why do something so stupid? This truck would've destroyed that little car. I don't know how he deals with such stupidity daily.

Eta: headed back home some idiot ran a red light. Luckily she is good at driving and didn't t bone the moron. Wtf is wrong with people?!

Eta2: people just stop in the middl of the road to text now?! Driving home we saw a lady stopped (no flashers) on a 2 lane road. No shoulder. She was not pulled over. There's nowhere to pull over. She was just sitting there texting. I've seen this twice now.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TardisTraveler
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:44 PM
In the truck you see things very differntly than the driver
momngram
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:46 PM

How far is his route?

momngram
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:46 PM

Your spending the day with your dh and still posting on cm?  damn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:46 PM
No matter what it's never a good idea to pass anyone on the damn shoulder. I've been driving for years and I've never driven the shoulder (especially when it's about to drop off) to pass someone on an access road. That was just an asshole in a hurry. There was an entire lane to our left they could've used.

Quoting TardisTraveler: In the truck you see things very differntly than the driver
TardisTraveler
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM
You're right!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: No matter what it's never a good idea to pass anyone on the damn shoulder. I've been driving for years and I've never driven the shoulder (especially when it's about to drop off) to pass someone on an access road. That was just an asshole in a hurry. There was an entire lane to our left they could've used.

Quoting TardisTraveler: In the truck you see things very differntly than the driver
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Not all day. I'm just sitting here while he's handling stuff though. He's not in the truck. He's tracking someone down to load us. It's going to be about 1,000 miles but the pick up is 20 minutes from our house so he's picking up today. May leave tomorrow.

Quoting momngram:

Your spending the day with your dh and still posting on cm?  damn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM
The first asshole was a little less stupid. He was in the right lane with a blinker on to get in the left lane for the upcoming left turn. The vehicle begin him whipped over and passed him. Total asshole move, but I guess didn't see the blinker or was in a hurry. The second one....that was bad.

Quoting TardisTraveler: You're right!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: No matter what it's never a good idea to pass anyone on the damn shoulder. I've been driving for years and I've never driven the shoulder (especially when it's about to drop off) to pass someone on an access road. That was just an asshole in a hurry. There was an entire lane to our left they could've used.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:35 PM
Almost done! Get to go home soon! I have to pee
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM
Dude if I opened a taco stand on this lot I'd make a killing! I'm starving. Can you tell I'm bored?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)