Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was turned down for the job I Applied for, so disappointed..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I just got a email from the company I was applying for and found out that they turned me down at this time. I'm so disappointed, I was really hoping I would get this job.. I seriously believe it's because I'm pregnant..

Now I must start over, sigh..
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Sorry. Finding a job, pregnant or not, can be very difficult. I think I applied for 30 jobs before I got the one I have now.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:19 PM

It might be.  But, trust me, it is far from the last rejection you will get in your life.  Pick up and move on.  That wasn't the right job for you.  Just keep trying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Yeah, Jobs can be scarce anymore, especially decent work with full time hours. However, maybe that will change for the better soon. 

kyheavensmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM

hugsThat sucks! It can be so tough trust me I know, but stay encouraged! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM
I'm job hunting too. I'm interviewing with three companies right now and still sending out my resume. You have to keep pushing forward so that the ball is on your court.
nononenever
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM
That sucks :( Good luck on the next one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM
I don't blame them. Who wants to hire a prego that's going to leave in a few months?
Slick_Shoes
by Data on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Keep at it, it will happen. I was applying for random jobs because I'm bored as hell now that all my boys are in school and after months, the one company I did NOT expect to call me back is showing big interest, I even have an interview next week (my third...first two were phone interviews). 

Don't get discouraged, you'll find something :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM
This one wasn't for you because there is something better waiting for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM
Damn that's quite a lot. I'm sure you must have got discouraged. Did you go to all the interviews and then they just went with someone else? Where did you end up getting hired at?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Sorry. Finding a job, pregnant or not, can be very difficult. I think I applied for 30 jobs before I got the one I have now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)