Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM wants him to fail *long*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
My husband has 3 kids from his previous marriage they are SS17, SD15 and SS14.

SS17 and SD15 do excellent at school, both are A students, they have plans for the future and everything. They both are very extrovert people, they have a lot of friends and are always in some kind of event. It is okay, no problem with that.

My problem is, the youngest kid is the opposite and BM always puts him down because of it. He struggles with school and is an introvert, he likes to play videogames and read books/comics.

He has failed two years so far, I guess that after failing one year he was down and then when he failed the other year he just gave up and stopped trying, he also began to fake being sick to not go and stuff like that. BM kicked him out because he was not good enough (it was on the first week of January).

DH was pissed and took this to court and we got full custody of the boy and he went back to school. One day, he was trying to study and I sat down with him and he asked me if I could read the plan to him and I said of course. He had been trying to learn that plan for THREE hours, when I read it to him twice and then started to ask questions, HE KNEW EVERYTHING!! I was so surprised! I asked him if it was easier for him to so it like this and he said it was much better because when he reads he just doesn't get it.

I started to sit down with him everyday and he started to do a lot better in school, right now he had A and B in all the subjects and the teachers had call on meets with DH and I to say how happy they are that SS is finally doing better.

Well, BM still have access to the school page and see his grades and now she wants him back because he finally is good. We obviously told her no. Today he called angry because the other kids told her how I help SS study and she insulted me and said her son should study alone and blah blah.

I know this method is not ideal but hey, the kid is finally doing good and is happy, he is even making friends and speaks a lot more. I wish he would try and do it himself but if he can't, is it wrong to help him?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:34 PM
Of course you should help him. Smh she cray
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
That's some of the dumbest , laziest shit I've heard. Of course you help a child that's struggling.
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Bm it a twit and you should ignore her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I have dyslexia and didn't know for a long time I would read a page fully I didn't know what I had read by the time I got to the end of the page and take me a long time to figure out how to make it work for me
AmandaD88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

nothnig wrong with you helping him...... has he been tested for learning disabilities? some people with them learn better when the subject is read to them vs them reading it themselfs. We all learn differntly and at differnt paces, shame on her for being so cruel.

CherrieFaeries
by Alice In Heathenland on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:43 PM

If it helps him learn, I don't see a problem with it. Sometimes kids can't do it alone, and just because the other two seem to take to it much easier doesn't mean that everyone else will too.

Leelee1008
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually he has a learning disability and he really should be on an IEP. Your husband needs to contact the school and set up a meeting to get him on one. Its ideal for children who need extra help in areas of learning. 

His mother is a bitch! Once a judge sees that he is thriving there, he wont be given back.

chefmartha
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM

I don't think it is wrong. My DD#1 is the same way. She can read but her brain seems to spend so much time interpreting the words that she can't comprehend what she is reading. Like your son if I read to her she has no problem comprehending what we have read. She also did better when she had audible books as well. As long as the teacher doesn't object (I spoke with DD#1's teachers about what we did when I met them) BM should just go fly a kite somewhere else. Sounds like she likes the fact that he was miserable and she had someone to talk down to. You keep working with him the way you are. She's all sour grapes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:46 PM

no it isn't wrong to help him. you can also get him while in school. you get a iep that where they can do oral exams instead of written ones, extra time to take the tests, ect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)