Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not stealing your mother...seriously!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My dad's girlfriend is amazing. They've been together for 7 years they just don't live together. They're both set in their ways. She lives 3 houses up the street from me. She's always there if I need something. Dh had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night last week and she took the kids, she asks to watch them so dh and I can get out, she comes over and helps out at my house when I'm sick or feeling overwhelmed. She's always asking us over for dinner ect.

Her dd sent me a message on fb asking me to stop taking advantage of her mother. That she's her dd not me. She lives in another state and I've only met her a handful of times. I messaged her back asking if her mom is complaining or if she wants me to not go over as much then I'll respect her wishes. She wrote me back saying that her mom hasn't said anything. She's just tired of seeing pics on fb of my kids with her mom or reading on fb about how her mom is treating my kids like grandkids. She said she was pissed off that I'm trying to steal her mom.

I'm not trying to steal anyone's mom but I do love this woman. I'm not sure if I should bring this up to her or just ignore it?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Leelee1008
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:50 PM

I think you need to ignore this chick, shes jealous. I would have told her to vist her mom more.

KatherineM
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM

It sounds like jealousy to me. I would continue what you are doing as long as she isn't complaining about having your children.

mommy404204
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM
My step dads fiance is the same way with me but her daughter lives here and doesn't mind. I would just ignore her daughter as long as she doesn't mind helping you just continue with how you do things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)