Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting My DD A Horse!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
2 moms liked this
So we are how considering buying our DD a horse, I can not believe this! Lol

We had talked about leasing one bc we weren't sure we wanted the entire responsibility, however, she rode her riding instructors one horse yesterday and they were completely in sync and he is for sale.

Ugh never thought we'd be considering this!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:42 PM

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

How old is she?

Shannon0527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:01 PM
That's fun for her! As long as you can afford the upkeep, that's a great activity for her to get into.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:02 PM
We own two, but they live at a boarding stable. We get out and ride most days. If for some reason we can't get out there, they have staff that will get them out and run them a bit. My kids take riding lessons from the lady who owns the stables. They ride English style- not Western.
boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:02 PM

LoL...   How much does she love horses???   Enough to take care of her own? 

How exciting!  A dream come true for many children...  a wonderful way to teach responsibility, too.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:08 PM
Awesome!!! I got my first horse at 12. There's a lot of great lessons in responsibility and hard work to be learned through equestrian activities. Enjoy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:09 PM
Shouldn't be a reason we can't but it is a bit nerve wracking ya know.

Quoting Shannon0527: That's fun for her! As long as you can afford the upkeep, that's a great activity for her to get into.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM
If we buy he will be at the stable, we don't have a lot of land.

My DD rides western and by the end of summer hoping to be on the Reining team.

Quoting Anonymous 2: We own two, but they live at a boarding stable. We get out and ride most days. If for some reason we can't get out there, they have staff that will get them out and run them a bit. My kids take riding lessons from the lady who owns the stables. They ride English style- not Western.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
She is up at the stables constantly wanting to help, many times I have to drag her away after lessons. She'd live at the stables if she could.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

LoL...   How much does she love horses???   Enough to take care of her own? 

How exciting!  A dream come true for many children...  a wonderful way to teach responsibility, too.

Shannon0527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Well, I'd check and triple check all the cost associated. It would be heartbreaking for her to get it and then once you realize the burden on your finances, have to get rid of it.

Not saying you can't, just saying be careful. Sadly, I know quite a few people who didn't think it through and these poor horses just get bounced around.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Shouldn't be a reason we can't but it is a bit nerve wracking ya know.

Quoting Shannon0527: That's fun for her! As long as you can afford the upkeep, that's a great activity for her to get into.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)