Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The world we live in

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ds hurt himself at his friend's and came straight home. He took his bike there. The other mom saw another boy grab ds bike and take off on it after ds left. She called and let me know. I knew who she was talking about cause of the description. I found him at the park. He said he never took the bike. I told his mother and she said if her son said he didn't have it, then he didn't have it.
The next day I found the bike near the basketball court.
I took it home. All this shit happen a month ago. Mom tried to sue me the next week saying her son fell off my kid's bike and needed stitches. I guess it happen after I confronted him. I told her to go fuck herself in the nicest way possible.
Police came out and told me there was a report about a child getting hurt on my property, my son's bike. I told them someone stole his bike and I found it the next day. They said she could still sue in civil court.
Yesterday I got a letter stating my home owner insurance is being sued for not properly securing my items and causing the injury of a minor.
So now I get to invest my summer vacation money into a lawyer, cause we live in a time where bs lawsuits like that can make money.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM

That is insane! 

Hope you beat it. 

AmyAndLanie
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Ugh πŸ˜“ I have a sue happy history too. People who just go and sue for all kinds of shit drives me nuts.

I had a dog about 7 years ago that was very very well behaved, and smart, but protective of our property. He would bark to alert us that someone was there (or walking by), and then watch intently as we would welcome them. We had had tons of guests over. Old grandparents, my niece in a wheel chair, tons of people with food (and he didn't even beg), you name it. He was respectful to each person. But one day my neighbor claimed my dog bit there son. My dog had not left the property that day, and wasn't even outside at the time of the incident. But our neighbors just didn't like us or our dog. Our insurance got sued too. It got dropped really fast because there were just too many holes in the story. Despite all the holes in the story, we were forced to put our dog to sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM
What a mess, they don't deserve a penny from you. Sorry you're dealing with this.
Shannon0527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Wow! That is insanity. I had no idea that was even possible.
admsj5
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Holy moly that is absurd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:16 PM
I plan to. The other mom is going to tell them my son's bike was against her deck when the boy ran through her yard and took even after she shouted for him to bring it back.

Quoting TisHerself:

That is insane! 

Hope you beat it. 

Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:17 PM
Your home owner's insurance should be dealing with this for you. That's why you have it.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Oh my gosh. Wow.

goatmom4
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:19 PM

holy crap

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you file a theftt charge against the child who stole the bike?  That might convince the idiot mom to cancel her suit again your homeowners insurance.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)