Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't text and drive

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
That doesn't mean stop in the middle of the fucking road and text. Why is this becoming a thing? I've seen it twice now.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bieg9093
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Only twice? You're lucky.

It's become a thing because the phone is a source of instant gratification to multiple areas of the brain. People don't even realize how badly they're driving or how long they've been stopped looking at the thing because it's THAT distracting. They can't see it themselves. People are running fucking red lights and they just keep going completely unaware that they just did it!

Today, I drove past a guy on a motorcycle, sitting there texting, not even bothered to pull over. I got to the end of the block, made a u turn, and drove past him the other way...this time having to literally drive around him. Never stopped texting. Never looked up. I ask you...how hard is it to pull a MOTORCYCLE over to the curb???

Don't text and drive. 

That doesn't mean you can look at your phone at red lights or stop signs or if you think you can do it quickly or if traffic's slow.  Just don't.  You're an adult.  Exercise some impulse control.  Quit driving like a 4 year old. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:28 PM
I was heading up the road to our house the other day and there was a moron stopped in the middle of the freaking road talking on his phone. He didn't even attempt to pull off. There are speakers on the phones for a reason.
StarLight23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM

It's illegal here in San Antonio. Texas passed a no texting, and a no calling while driving rule.

The only exceptions here to use your phone are if:

You are using it wirelessly, like Bluetooth calling or otherwise hands-free,

or if you are calling to report an accident or other emergency.

Texting and driving is stupid. I've seen those PSA's and people have DIED because of it.

This is why I'll never do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM
But now people are just stopping in the middle of the street to text. Instead of actually pulling off out of the damn way.

Quoting StarLight23:

It's illegal here in San Antonio. Texas passed a no texting, and a no calling while driving rule.

The only exceptions here to use your phone are if:

You are using it wirelessly, like Bluetooth calling or otherwise hands-free,

or if you are calling to report an accident or other emergency.

Texting and driving is stupid. I've seen those PSA's and people have DIED because of it.

This is why I'll never do it.

squeekers
by squeekers on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. The first one dh pulled up behind her to see if she was having car trouble because she was just sitting in the road. She said, "no it's fine. I was just texting."

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was heading up the road to our house the other day and there was a moron stopped in the middle of the freaking road talking on his phone. He didn't even attempt to pull off. There are speakers on the phones for a reason.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM
But if you need to do something on your phone actually pull the fuck over.

Quoting squeekers:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:48 PM
I can't understand this. It's a 4 lane road technically. A big grassy median separated the Kane's into 2 and 2. Typical residential Main Street right? Speed limit 40mph. No shoulder what so ever. That means pull into and actual side street and pull over to text. Fuck.

Quoting Bieg9093: Only twice? You're lucky.

It's become a thing because the phone is a source of instant gratification to multiple areas of the brain. People don't even realize how badly they're driving or how long they've been stopped looking at the thing because it's THAT distracting. They can't see it themselves. People are running fucking red lights and they just keep going completely unaware that they just did it!

Today, I drove past a guy on a motorcycle, sitting there texting, not even bothered to pull over. I got to the end of the block, made a u turn, and drove past him the other way...this time having to literally drive around him. Never stopped texting. Never looked up. I ask you...how hard is it to pull a MOTORCYCLE over to the curb???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Omg it's so bad here. Yesterday the car in front of me texted at every red light and didn't look up when the light turned green so I had to honk everytime. I eventually turned off that road to get away from her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Omg it's so bad here. Yesterday the car in front of me texted at every red light and didn't look up when the light turned green so I had to honk everytime. I eventually turned off that road to get away from her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)