Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im probably not going to be asked to go on another field trip

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
I have been on every single field trip with my kids for the last 3 years. Today my middle daughter had a field trip and i was not selected to go on it. Last night my dds teacher called me and asked if i wanted to go. I said sure and my dd was happy about it.

Everything was going good until we got to our destination. 2 of the girls wined almost the entire time and kept walking off. My dd wanted something from the gift shop so we went in there. I got her and my other two kids a toy.

When it was time to leave my dds teacher saw we went to the gift shop. I told her i was sorry and felt kind of bad. Then i saw that other parents did the same thing.

Apparently on field trips we are not allowed to go to the gift shops because it isnt fair to the other kids who didnt bring money. It was written on the bottom of the slip the teacher gave us. I guess other teachers told their classes but my dds teacher didnt tell us. I have never had this problem before until we started at this new school.

I know the teacher was cussing me and someother parents out in her head. I think im done with field trips. They have officially ran its course
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I would never purchase anything from a gift shop and not purchase the kids in my charge something. Sorry but that's just tacky to me.

However a large percentage of schools have the gift shop rule so it's not really a big deal to me.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this
That is kinda shitty of you to do.
akemi875
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:14 PM
Different schools have different rules, obviously. I would just start reading the slips a little more carefully instead of backing out of enjoying trips with your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:15 PM
6 moms liked this

I hate this kind of thing. 

Not every kid can afford Nike's, are we gonna ban those next?? 

Life and lessons and all that.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:18 PM
So tacky.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM

The teacher cussed?  Ok. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
Reread

Quoting Spam72:

The teacher cussed?  Ok. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you typing with your feet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
7 moms liked this
Things have changed so much since I was a kid. When we went on field trips, we were told to bring money for extra snacks and gift shops. Most kids brought money and a few didn't. Of the ones who did, some only had a few bucks and some had a lot more. No one had panic attacks over it or cried foul because Jenny had $20 to spend and Timmy had none.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:24 PM
4 moms liked this
How was it tacky for me to buy my dd something? This is why kids feel so entitled today. If i cant have something neither can you. Its really stupid

Quoting Anonymous 3: So tacky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)