Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gofundme for infertility

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
I just saw on facebook that someone I know started a Gofundme so she can afford fertility treatments. She's asking for $7000. To me, this sounds very tacky. I get wanting to have a family, but begging people on facebook because you can't afford the treatments just seems off. Children cost a lot of money. What happens if they get sick and insurance doesn't cover whatever it is? It just seems ridiculous to set up a gofundme for yourself.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's tacky too but I just would ignore it and not donate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I thing gofundme users have lost sight of the purpose of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM
Why not just adopt? I know adoption is expensive too, but it's more likely you will get a child. Those treatments are only 40% effective.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM
I'm going to start a gofundme. I'm tired of working. With the right gofundme, I won't have to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM
I'm not going to. She already raised $200 in the last few hours. And these people aren't broke.

Quoting Manic_Sinner: I think it's tacky too but I just would ignore it and not donate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Gofundme was never soley intended for charity purposes. It can 've for whatever you want, nobody is holding a gun to your head to donate. Who gives a shit if you or anyone else thinks it's tacky. That word is so overused. Ugh.
secretRgarden
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

If she can't affort $7000 for fertility treatments, she has no business having a baby. It is begging, and I hate beggars.

mommyof7921
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Has anyone donated?

Msmom1104
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:27 PM
3 moms liked this
I know someone who is doing the same. I wouldn't donate to them though. I've seen them blow money on lots of frivolous things like expensive trips and cars. If having a baby was so important to them they would've started saving years ago. But that's just my opinion.
StoicLife
by Katerina on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I could be mistaken but I think it's 2-3 times more then fertility treatments

Quoting Anonymous 3: Why not just adopt? I know adoption is expensive too, but it's more likely you will get a child. Those treatments are only 40% effective.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)