Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and DH/SO...

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:57 PM
  • 72 Replies
Go to bed at the same time?

Someone (who knows who, but a someone) once told me that in order to stay connected to your husband and intimate regularly, you needed to always go to bed together.

Earlier in our relationship, we always did. For him it was fine. For me, it was terrible, he stays up much later than I do. I simply just thought it was one of those "take one for the team" situations.

Now, we go to bed whenever we're tired. Which 90% of the time means I go to sleep and he comes to bed later. I feel like we're actually better off for it. I get my time to watch what I want while I unwind, and he watches his annoying shows without my trying to talk or ask questions to figure out what's going on. It gives us each our alone time. I actually feel more connected to him than ever, I guess the recharging and time to myself helps me to better connect when we are together.

Have you heard that couples should go to sleep together? What do you think of that kind of thing?
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM
Nope,never have. Dh is a night owl, I am in bed by 10

We have been together for 12 years
Shannon0527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:01 PM
I just thought that was how it was. It wasn't until a conversation with my mom one day, that she decided I was living in a very old fashioned way lol. For the most part, we do have a traditional old fashioned, I guess you'd call it, marriage. But if that's considered traditional...forget it lol.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Nope,never have. Dh is a night owl, I am in bed by 10

We have been together for 12 years
supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:02 PM
Yes we do.
1Dexx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM
My first husband and I did it separate. I went to bed when I was tired, he stayed up playing video games for hours. Either came to bed or slept on the couch. Not like there aren't other reasons, but I never felt connected to him and we were rarely intimate.

My fiance and I always go to bed at the same time. After the kids are asleep we get ready to wind down together. We created out room kid free and out space. We lay in bed, or sit, and talk. We watch TV together. Lay, snuggle. Even if one of us falls asleep before the other it is always in bed together. This is something I don't know how a relationship for me would work wihout. We need this time.
Shannon0527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:09 PM
I do think the time together is very important. While we don't go to bed at the same time, we do always hang out for a few hours after the girls are asleep, just cuddling, chatting etc. I guess we've just finally found a balance. It could always change for us and maybe we'll want/need to start making a point to go to bed together, but for right now we're better than ever. It's not harmed our intimacy at all...in all honesty, I'd say even that is better oddly enough.

Quoting 1Dexx3: My first husband and I did it separate. I went to bed when I was tired, he stayed up playing video games for hours. Either came to bed or slept on the couch. Not like there aren't other reasons, but I never felt connected to him and we were rarely intimate.

My fiance and I always go to bed at the same time. After the kids are asleep we get ready to wind down together. We created out room kid free and out space. We lay in bed, or sit, and talk. We watch TV together. Lay, snuggle. Even if one of us falls asleep before the other it is always in bed together. This is something I don't know how a relationship for me would work wihout. We need this time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM
No. I work days and he works evenings.
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM
We did until he started his current job. Now he goes to bed at 8:45 and gets up between 4-4:30. No way I'm going to bed that early.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:11 PM
Yep. Every night.
boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:13 PM

As soon as 10:30 hits my husband is out for the night. I don't go to sleep until closer to 1:30. But we are always in the same room.

Shannon0527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:14 PM
So this isn't nearly the outdated line of thinking my mom made me think it is lol. Sounds like it's actually more normal to do so than to not.

Quoting boredhousewif83:

As soon as 10:30 hits my husband is out for the night. I don't go to sleep until closer to 1:30. But we are always in the same room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)