Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of taking full custody

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My ex and I broke up cause he was talking to women online and sending nude pictures of himself. He had done this several times before we broke up and I warned him all the time so a couple months ago I decided to just leave. I also didn't put him on the birth certificate when our son was born because of all this. I take care of our son and he does nothing. He doesn't even try to visit. Plus he's got no job. Now he is threatening me all of a sudden saying he wants half custody but to be honest I do not want my son around him. He has seen him after he was born but hasn't seen him since he was 3 months. He's now 5 months. Can he take me to court and possibly win? I know it's a silly question.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:59 PM
Of course he can. Right after the DNA test.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:59 PM
He can compel a DNA test and get visitation
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:00 PM
Yeah. They'll order a DNa test and as long as he's proven to be the father they'll set up visitation.
sahmof3fl
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:02 PM
After a dna test yes he can fight for custody
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM
Move far away and don't let him know
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Cheesus Crust, its been two months. You make it sound like he walked out of the kids life for years and now is trying to get back. The kid is only five months old. Of course he has a really good chance at some sort of custody as soon as a DNA test is completed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:12 PM
He has a right to his child whether you like it or not.
jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:16 PM
if he isn't on the birth certificate I assume he didn't sign an acknowledgement of paternity...

in which case he has no legal claim to the child. he will have to first file for a DNA test. if that confirms that he is the father ..yes he can file for joint or split custody.

whether he gets it or not depends on a number of things. he doesn't have to do anything because as far as the laws go he's not yet been proven to be the father.. so he can simply lie and say you were unfaithful and he was afraid to bond.. it's only been five months.. so it's not like it's been several years.

his cheating isn't a factor..

his not having a job..that's something that can work in your favor..
the other important points to make.. does he have anything for the baby.. (crib.. bedroom .. car seat..and other essentials).
does he abuse drugs?

things like show he's unfit..but be honest. don't make shit up. if he isn't unfit.. and truly wants to know his child.. he should get visitation..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM
You can't keep him from his child no matter the reason you broke up, unless he's abusing drugs, alcohol, etc and it still needs to go through the courts. He can get visitation but I doubt that he'll get joint custody when he's not working and can't provide basic necessities for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM
You can't keep him from his dad. All he has to do is file for visitation get a DNA test done then he's good to go
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)