Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOT THE BIKE SEATS!! Grr help!!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:16 PM
  • 26 Replies
The ducking dog chewed up the damn seats on the kids NEW bikes! Seriously they just got the bikes for Christmas.

She broke into the shed and chewed up the handle bars and bike seats.

I have a feeling this is her pay back for chaining her up earlier. She wouldn't stop knocking the boys off their bikes so I chained her up while they were playing. I let her off the chain when we left the house.

I'm so freaking mad I can't see straight! The handle bars are not that big of a deal. They are still usable. But the seats are a big deal. The cushion is completely gone!

I can order new ones from the bikes website, and they aren't that expensive but it will take 2 weeks for them to get here.

They have Glider balance bikes. Can I just get a bike seat at a local bike shop? Or maybe even Walmart or a sports place?

Ugh I'm so pissed. This dog may not stay much longer. Between barking all night and chewing up the bikes and the trampoline she may not be a good fit for our home. Plus she knocks the kids down all the time.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SapphireMom911
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:21 PM
Bump
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind of training are you doing with the dog? What kind of playing are you doing with her to keep her from getting bored. Bored dogs cause problems. What breed is she?
poietes
by Laura on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM
Sounds like she needs training. You really don't sound like you are a very good person to have a pet. You don't have the time or patience for it. Please find someone who does. It's not a bad thing, some people just aren't cutout to have pets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:23 PM
I would be pissed too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:24 PM
Not only does she sound like she needs training, but she needs exercise. Walks, ball throwing.
SapphireMom911
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
She's a Weimaraner mixed with something else. We took several puppy boot camps with her but none of it ever stuck. She does like treats which seems to be the main form of rewards. She has a lot of bones and toys but she burries them and or destroys them.

She constantly jumps on the kids so they don't like to play with her very often. I used to ride my bike and have her run along side me (she runs to fast for me to run with her) but I'm pregnant and too sick to really keep doing that.

She is a very hyper dog. We thought after we got her fixed she would get better, but she hasn't.

She is primarily an outside dog. We have bad allergies and don't really want her in the house. She has a crate she comes in when it's cold or bad weather.

Honestly I'm not a dog person. We took this dog as a favor to a friend. We've had her since Septmeber and she destroys every thing. She is rough with the kids and destroys everything.

We will probably find her a new home soon

Quoting krazymom2boyz: What kind of training are you doing with the dog? What kind of playing are you doing with her to keep her from getting bored. Bored dogs cause problems. What breed is she?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Please rehome the dog
SapphireMom911
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:33 PM
I don't like animals very much at all. We took this dog as a favor to a friend. And because "every boy needs a dog" <----- not my words.

I'm about at the end of my rope with her.

This whole keeping me up at night barking and destroying everything has gotten old.

She barks whether she is in the house in her crate or outside in her dog house. We even tried covering her crate with a blanket.

We tried puppy boot camps with her but she doesn't like treats so she is not motivated to obey simply from treats.

The awful thing is that we have spent a lot of money on this dog. We had to buy a wireless fence ($450!) because she jumps the one in our back yard. We paid to get her fixed. We've spent hundreds of dollars in bones and toys. Not to mention everything she has destroyed.

I try to take her to the dog park but when we go there she just wants to lay in the shade.

I used to ride my bike with her. But I haven't been doing that lately because I just don't have the energy and I've been too sick.

Quoting poietes: Sounds like she needs training. You really don't sound like you are a very good person to have a pet. You don't have the time or patience for it. Please find someone who does. It's not a bad thing, some people just aren't cutout to have pets.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM
Yes, sounds like that would be best all around. Weimaraners require lots and lots of structure and an outlet for their amazing amount of energy. Sounds like she wasn't a good fit for your family. Don't take her to the shelter though. Try and find a rescue, a breed specific one would be best. They will know how to find her a home that will work for everyone.

Quoting SapphireMom911: She's a Weimaraner mixed with something else. We took several puppy boot camps with her but none of it ever stuck. She does like treats which seems to be the main form of rewards. She has a lot of bones and toys but she burries them and or destroys them.

She constantly jumps on the kids so they don't like to play with her very often. I used to ride my bike and have her run along side me (she runs to fast for me to run with her) but I'm pregnant and too sick to really keep doing that.

She is a very hyper dog. We thought after we got her fixed she would get better, but she hasn't.

She is primarily an outside dog. We have bad allergies and don't really want her in the house. She has a crate she comes in when it's cold or bad weather.

Honestly I'm not a dog person. We took this dog as a favor to a friend. We've had her since Septmeber and she destroys every thing. She is rough with the kids and destroys everything.

We will probably find her a new home soon

Quoting krazymom2boyz: What kind of training are you doing with the dog? What kind of playing are you doing with her to keep her from getting bored. Bored dogs cause problems. What breed is she?
SapphireMom911
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM
Those bikes were pretty dang expensive too!

The replacement seats are only $15 on Glider website. But they will take 2 weeks to get here!

I'm just so mad I can't freaking see straight

Quoting Anonymous 1: I would be pissed too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)