Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if..(about bm)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Bm told my stepson that her new baby was more his sister than his one year old sister here. That the baby she just had is his real sister. Stepson is five. I am so furious. You do not belittle the other family!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:18 PM
Bump
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Ignore it. He will figure it out one day.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Shannon0527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
No it's not okay, but I would just say "I'm sorry she feels that way, I disagree" and move on. No sense in getting worked up, that's probably what she's hoping for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:20 PM
Just reinforce both are equally hid sisters and don't engage bm. Kid will figure out she's a bitch one day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM
You have a right to be pissed. When it comes to SS though, just tell him that all siblings are equal. Don't make it a pissing contest on who is better. It will be a long time before he starts to see things himself but one day he will realize who is mature and loving and who is immature and selfish. Just let that happen and keep being the supportive family who is there when BM let's him down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:25 PM
I think it depends. How often is he with your dh. I'll admit that I consider my mom's other kids (who I lived with full time) more as siblings than my dad's other kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:45 PM
Yeah, but that was for you to decide. No matter what, you should not tell a child that. Anyway, he is with us 4 nights a week and she has him three nights a week.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I think it depends. How often is he with your dh. I'll admit that I consider my mom's other kids (who I lived with full time) more as siblings than my dad's other kids.
MrsDukati
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM
Is she trying to say your DH impregnanted her? I mean because otherwise, there is literally no difference between the two. Sounds like BM has Golden Uterus Syndrome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:57 PM
Oh I know. I just told him all of his siblings are equal. He tried to argue with me because of course if you're five and your mother tells you something, that's the absolute truth. So I just changed the subject. I just feel terrible about it. A child should never feel conflicted between two homes :/.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You have a right to be pissed. When it comes to SS though, just tell him that all siblings are equal. Don't make it a pissing contest on who is better. It will be a long time before he starts to see things himself but one day he will realize who is mature and loving and who is immature and selfish. Just let that happen and keep being the supportive family who is there when BM let's him down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)