Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, it was pink eye.

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:19 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Yesterday I made a post about my daughters eye. I took her in to and it was indeed pink eye, and has now moved to both eyes. Dang it. She will be on the mend though. Poor baby. Keeping it clean and using the drops already seem to be helping so hopefully this goes quick. I've never delt with pink eye before.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tonysgurl05
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM
It should clear up soon just keep her hands clean so if she touches her eyes she doesn't make it worse. And wash all her Bedding
tsatske2
by Latricia on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:24 PM

The symptoms will be gone within 24 hours of starting the meds. Don't stop the meds, finish the course, or you may get a resistant strain to return on y ou, and you don't want that.

ProundMommy_08
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:25 PM
Oh for sure. Thank you

Quoting Tonysgurl05: It should clear up soon just keep her hands clean so if she touches her eyes she doesn't make it worse. And wash all her Bedding
ProundMommy_08
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:27 PM
Definitely! She got some eye drops today and has to take them 4 times a day for 7 days. Poor baby hates them. Lol, but we got this! 😊

Quoting tsatske2:

The symptoms will be gone within 24 hours of starting the meds. Don't stop the meds, finish the course, or you may get a resistant strain to return on y ou, and you don't want that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
My daughter has it and the flu...not fun
ProundMommy_08
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Should I was the bedding after 24 hours or should I put clean on every night? She has a blanket she cuddles almost 24/7 I'm thinking maybe wait til the 24 hours on that?

Quoting Tonysgurl05: It should clear up soon just keep her hands clean so if she touches her eyes she doesn't make it worse. And wash all her Bedding
ProundMommy_08
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Oh I'm so sorry. That's got to be rough... My oldest has the flu also, but no pink eye. Nasty stuff is going around. I'm so over it!

Quoting Anonymous 1: My daughter has it and the flu...not fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Poor thing has been running a fever for 4 days :( coughing and snotty nose and pink eye. She looks rough lol. Hope your little lady feels better soon !

Quoting ProundMommy_08: Oh I'm so sorry. That's got to be rough... My oldest has the flu also, but no pink eye. Nasty stuff is going around. I'm so over it!

Quoting Anonymous 1: My daughter has it and the flu...not fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
When my youngest got pink eye I changes the sheets on her bed every time she got up from bed. I wanted no chance to reinfect. I have seen were kids had it for a while because the parent didn't know or worse didn't care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:33 PM
It's easy to deal with. Lysol down her crib and toys too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)