Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear mil

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
These are all issues I had with my mil as a new wife and mother. Feel free to add your own.

Yes, I realize that you had 3 kids and they all survived. That doesn't mean your way is the only correct way of doing things. Many decisions that we make as mothers (clothe or disposable diapers, when to start baby food, remedies for teething or gas)have many right answers. I don't question how you chose to parent, please don't question me.

Please don't come by without calling first, not only is it rude but it's very disruptive. If my little ones are napping, your constantly pounding on my door forces me to interupt my tressured quite time just to shoo you away. Call first, arrange a time and we will be glad to see you.

Please understand that I have a family too so it is not possible to us to come to every holiday at your house. Remember that just like you miss us,when we are at my family's holiday, my family misses us when we are at your's.

I understand that you don't like my Harry Potter tattoo on my wrist or my belly button piercing. That's ok. You don't have to like everything about me (Lord knows that I don't like everything about you). Your son loves me the way I am which is why he chose to marry me and have me as the mother of his children. If he wanted a mini you, he would have married one of the girls you tried setting him up with.

No, you will not ever move in with us. Pick a good nursing home and we will visit often.

Any to add ladies?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Bump
Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Is your Harry Potter tattoo the deathly hallows?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:30 PM
It's always with the A the deathly hallows sign and the tail of the y a lightning bolt with sparks shooting out (for Dumbledore )

Quoting Barlowgirl125: Is your Harry Potter tattoo the deathly hallows?
Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM
Oh, that's really cool.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's always with the A the deathly hallows sign and the tail of the y a lightning bolt with sparks shooting out (for Dumbledore )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Thanks, I love it. I am a huge HP fan

Quoting Barlowgirl125: Oh, that's really cool.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's always with the A the deathly hallows sign and the tail of the y a lightning bolt with sparks shooting out (for Dumbledore )

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:58 PM

can i see your harry potter tattoo?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I took a picture of it and I tried to post it but it's saying it's unable to post. I'll keep trying back though

Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

can i see your harry potter tattoo?

Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:00 PM
Me too, I was the waiting around at midnight to buy the books and finishing them within two days of the release kind of fan. I wrote a song about Neville with my friends in 7th grade back when only the first three books were out, lol before he was cool. Sorry, I'm derailing your MIL post

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks, I love it. I am a huge HP fan

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:03 PM
I was in my senior English class when I was reading the part that Dumbledore died and I started bawling in the middle of class. People started looking at me funny and my best friend was sitting right next to me and had already finished the book was like it's okay it's just Dumbledore lol

You are forgiven for derailing the post since it's about Harry Potter. Which is always a more important subject lol

Quoting Barlowgirl125: Me too, I was the waiting around at midnight to buy the books and finishing them within two days of the release kind of fan. I wrote a song about Neville with my friends in 7th grade back when only the first three books were out, lol before he was cool. Sorry, I'm derailing your MIL post

Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Just Dumbledore?!?! I was a blubbering mess! And since I read faster than all my friends and family who were HP fans I couldn't say anything, cause major spoiler. So I just had to wait.

Good times. I'm looking forward to fantastic beasts and where to find them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was in my senior English class when I was reading the part that Dumbledore died and I started bawling in the middle of class. People started looking at me funny and my best friend was sitting right next to me and had already finished the book was like it's okay it's just Dumbledore lol

You are forgiven for derailing the post since it's about Harry Potter. Which is always a more important subject lol

Quoting Barlowgirl125: Me too, I was the waiting around at midnight to buy the books and finishing them within two days of the release kind of fan. I wrote a song about Neville with my friends in 7th grade back when only the first three books were out, lol before he was cool. Sorry, I'm derailing your MIL post

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)