Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do so many of you seen incapable...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
Why do so many of you seem incapable of understanding that not everyone knows who moderately well known members are and what their histories are?

It's perfectly reasonable to take a post that says "I'm excited about about my miscarriage so now I can drink" at face value. If it had been an anonymous post she would have been ripped to shreds. It only came across as a sarcastic coping mechanism to people who knew her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We know that and we don't care. I know I don't anyway. It's not my job to catch anyone else up.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:30 PM
Did you rip into her, get ripped into yourself and now are whining about it in your very own post?
theboyfactory
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
13 moms liked this
Actually, using humor (even though it seems inappropriate) is a common coping mechanism for many people when they grieve a loss. Sometimes, you just have to remind yourself that everyone grieves differently and how they cope will often not meet your expectation because they are not you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Agree, I don't know much about anyone here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Because they think since they are all so involved in whats going on with the  "popular" members everyone else has to be too.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:36 PM
I'm a sarcastic person so I understand it when I see it. I'm amazed at the number of idiotic women incapable of reading into anything beyond face value on here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:36 PM
I know that. I'm just saying that if it had been an anon post, the replies would have been a lot worse than they were from the few people who didn't recognize her.

It's perfectly reasonable for someone to think "Wow, she didn't care about her loss/baby" just like it's perfectly reasonable to think "Hmmm, I wonder if she's using a coping mechanism".

Quoting theboyfactory: Actually, using humor (even though it seems inappropriate) is a common coping mechanism for many people when they grieve a loss. Sometimes, you just have to remind yourself that everyone grieves differently and how they cope will often not meet your expectation because they are not you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:38 PM
Actually no. I recognized her name and knew her desire and struggle to get pregnant. However I was a little shocked (even though I should have known better) to see people tear into those who didn't.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Did you rip into her, get ripped into yourself and now are whining about it in your very own post?
Lady_Facetious
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
It's pretty common to use humor in a traumatic or heartbreaking situation. Most people who aren't idiots know this, even if they would not use humor in said situation. The non cunty thing to do if you see someone who is grieving making a comment that seems to use "inappropriate" humor, is to either kindly ask for clarification, or better yet, keep your cunty mouth shut, ESPECIALLY if you do not really know the person. Don't act like a cunt and you won't get roasted for acting like a cunt.

***general you***
theboyfactory
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:41 PM
I understand how it could have come across as celebratory, but I tend to lean towards the safe side and say something that wouldn't add to potential pain. So, I'd assume she is coping rather than being a douche celebrating loss so that she can take advantage of an open bar.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know that. I'm just saying that if it had been an anon post, the replies would have been a lot worse than they were from the few people who didn't recognize her.

It's perfectly reasonable for someone to think "Wow, she didn't care about her loss/baby" just like it's perfectly reasonable to think "Hmmm, I wonder if she's using a coping mechanism".

Quoting theboyfactory: Actually, using humor (even though it seems inappropriate) is a common coping mechanism for many people when they grieve a loss. Sometimes, you just have to remind yourself that everyone grieves differently and how they cope will often not meet your expectation because they are not you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)