Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to go home

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I was brought to the ER by ambulance tonight and they couldn't find anything so they are sending me home. My heart rate keeps going to 154 and sometimes my oxygen drops down to 88 and 68. I was brought in tonight because I couldn't breath. I am nervous to go home. They say it was a asthma attack
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Did they give you something to treat it, if it happens again?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Have you taken a shower usually that will help you blood pressure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:10 PM
Did they give you asthma meds?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM
No they didn't but I have my inhalers and a neb machine

Quoting Anonymous 2: Did they give you something to treat it, if it happens again?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:13 PM
No I will try that

Quoting Anonymous 3: Have you taken a shower usually that will help you blood pressure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:14 PM
I have asmanex and my rescue inhaler albuetral and they told me to follow up with my doctor in a couple days

Quoting Anonymous 4: Did they give you asthma meds?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:16 PM
So when you couldn't breathe at home, you tried your rescue inhaler and it didn't help? Did anything help you in the ER or did it get better by itself?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have asmanex and my rescue inhaler albuetral and they told me to follow up with my doctor in a couple days

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:16 PM
May I add that sometimes anxiety can cause that problem? I went to ER for not being able to breathe once and was found to be suffering from it. They ran a million tests....maybe it's a combination...or I could be completely wrong. If you use your meds and still have trouble breathing they need to dig a little deeper or add more asthma meds. I hope you feel better.
HotJerZMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:17 PM
Do you have a nebulizer? My son has asthma as well as my mom and they both think that the nebulizer machine works better when they're having an attack than the inhaler.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have asmanex and my rescue inhaler albuetral and they told me to follow up with my doctor in a couple days

.SweetHart.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM
I would demand further care for oxygen levels that low. That's a malpractice and negligence lawsuit to send you home with levels that low.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)