Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bullies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I hate them. How would you deal with your child being bullied at school?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvantGardener
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:32 PM

We worked with the teachers. Lots of communication.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:38 PM
Talk to the Teacher the first time
If it happens again then the Principal, Teacher and I will have a talk
IF there is a third time, then the Police will be called, I will press charges , get a Restraining Order and the little shithead will be transferred to another school
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:39 PM
That's what we've been doing. Although, the bullies retaliated. They took my ds lunchbox and destroyed it. Then stick it I. Lost and found. Ugh. Took it in and now the bullies are in a contract not to bother him.

Quoting AvantGardener:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
We teach DS to stick up for himself. He's also in karate three times a week to give him confidence and the ability to kick a little ass, honestly.
thatgirlyouknow
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do this. I dealt with assholes in school occasionally. One of them I punched and he never bugged me again. Lol.

Quoting Sassy762: Talk to the Teacher the first time
IF there is a third time, then the Police will be called, I will press charges , get a Restraining Order and the little shithead will be transferred to another school
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Would be okay if he kicked a girl's ass?

Quoting Danesmommy1: We teach DS to stick up for himself. He's also in karate three times a week to give him confidence and the ability to kick a little ass, honestly.
catchthedawn
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You mean you won't do a standard cm response of emailing the teacher or calling the school about the bully and wait for a response from the teacher while wondering why your kid is still being bullied?

BTW, that's not how I handled my kid's bully. I went to the school and raised holy hell about it.

Quoting Sassy762: Talk to the Teacher the first time
TruthSayar
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM
Let him work it out and get him advice how to.
Flurffy
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:51 PM
He can stand up for himself without physically fighting her.

Maybe he needs something to boost his confidence. Does he do any sports or activities?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Would be okay if he kicked a girl's ass?

Quoting Danesmommy1: We teach DS to stick up for himself. He's also in karate three times a week to give him confidence and the ability to kick a little ass, honestly.
AvantGardener
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:52 PM

I'm sorry. We went through it for months. It's really hard. I had phone calls and emails with the teacher, the counselor and the principal. There is still one kid that's a problem but it seems like he's a problem for pretty much everyone. How old is your ds?

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what we've been doing. Although, the bullies retaliated. They took my ds lunchbox and destroyed it. Then stick it I. Lost and found. Ugh. Took it in and now the bullies are in a contract not to bother him.
Quoting AvantGardener:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)