Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did Or Do You Ever Feel Like You Were/Aren't Good Enough?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

Everyone makes mistakes as a mom.  They used to say, they don't write books on how to be a mom.  But now they are every where.  But what if you read the wrong one?  Or too many?  I look back on my daughter's life and see so many ways and times were I went wrong.  Don't get me wrong, she turned out to be a strong independent woman.  I just think that I was too hard on her some times.  Being a single parent, some of you know that you have to be the good and the bad guy. I tried hard to over come the abuse of my dad.  But no matter how hard I tried, I still caught myself channeling him.  Damn it!  I would stop in mid sentence and try to reword what I was trying to say.  But sometimes I wonder if I should have said or done something different.  But my own awesome mom wonders the same thing...

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
blue.butterfly
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I think that's normal. You should hear my mom go on and on about she wished she had this or that differently and how she wasn't a "good" mother. Most of it is because sometimes she throws herself pity parties! She's knows she sacrificed a lot for her kids. She was a REALLY good mom. Not perfect, but what parent is?

She tells me all the time what a good mom I am and I always say, "Well, who do you think I learned it from?"
HellHound
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I have made so many mistakes and my son is only 11. But he still loves me and seems well adjusted so he, like so many others, grow up just fine, despite our imperfections. As long as we do our best, aren't abusive, and they know we love them, I think its okay.
blue.butterfly
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!

Quoting HellHound: I have made so many mistakes and my son is only 11. But he still loves me and seems well adjusted so he, like so many others, grow up just fine, despite our imperfections. As long as we do our best, aren't abusive, and they know we love them, I think its okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM
I think that's the problem with looking to others for advice on raising your kids. When people blame a book or whatever for why they beat their kid or whatever, I have zero pity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)