Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being a drag?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I love my dh. I will be 35 in August. I have a full time job as a cna and we also have three kids. I start my day at five am. He thinks every time we go out we should stay out till after ten at night. I have absolutely no energy at the end of the day. A nap doesnt help me and caffeine well, its just another drink for me. I dont have the energy like I used to do. So am I old stick in the mud?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:09 AM
It's funny cause I have this same problem with my husband. Not going out, we don't have much time for that, but he wants to go running or walking every night. I'm on my feet all day long at practically a dead run at work. I simply don't have the energy by the time I get home, do homework, clean the house, do the laundry, all that. I try to suck it up and go because it is uninterrupted time we get together to talk, but he sits at a desk all day, he doesn't understand the physical requirements of my job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:10 AM
Sounds to me like you're a working mom. We're all socks in the mud at some point from sheer exhaustion.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:11 AM
How often do you go out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:12 AM

i wouldnt say so but everyone at dh's job stopped inviting us places because i refuse to drink.....so im a stick in the mud also

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:12 AM
I'm a sahm and I'm up at 5am and my husband uses to be up at 3:45 for work and neither one of us have the energy to go out past 7. We have four kids and four animals by the time everything's done for the day we are ready to pass out in the couch by the time the kids fall asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godstar
by Second Coming on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:14 AM
Why not plan at get away for just you two?.. Take a vacation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:39 PM
That is my problem. He sits at a desk most of the day.

Quoting Ted1242: It's funny cause I have this same problem with my husband. Not going out, we don't have much time for that, but he wants to go running or walking every night. I'm on my feet all day long at practically a dead run at work. I simply don't have the energy by the time I get home, do homework, clean the house, do the laundry, all that. I try to suck it up and go because it is uninterrupted time we get together to talk, but he sits at a desk all day, he doesn't understand the physical requirements of my job.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM
Try a compromise.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That is my problem. He sits at a desk most of the day.

Quoting Ted1242: It's funny cause I have this same problem with my husband. Not going out, we don't have much time for that, but he wants to go running or walking every night. I'm on my feet all day long at practically a dead run at work. I simply don't have the energy by the time I get home, do homework, clean the house, do the laundry, all that. I try to suck it up and go because it is uninterrupted time we get together to talk, but he sits at a desk all day, he doesn't understand the physical requirements of my job.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM

I think it depends on what he is wanting to stay out that late for, how often and if its on days you've been up since 5am. If its on your day off and its ony once in a while, I think staying out until 10 to see a movie or visit with friends isn't going to kill you. However if its all the time and on days you've been working, then its perfectly understandable to be drained by the end of the day.

I am up at 3:30am for work. I go to bed at 10pm and am dragging the last few hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)