Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What r my chances of getting custody?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My ex and I split custody of my son. He's with his dad 5 days a week during the school year and we split the weeks in half during summer.
I am originally from out of state and want to move back. I asked my son and he wants to come with me.

What are the odds of the NCP wining custody and moving??
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:54 AM
Why not just move back closer and split custody? I see no point in taking him away from his father cause you're ready to be full time mommy now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:55 AM
No idea..

Just had to say that using "r" for "are" is incredibly annoying
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:55 AM
Hih? We love in the same area but I just am not doing well financially o it here anymkre. No job leeds

Quoting Ted1242: Why not just move back closer and split custody? I see no point in taking him away from his father cause you're ready to be full time mommy now.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:55 AM
How in the hell are we supposed to answer this question with the limited information given?

Why are you the ncp to begin with?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:55 AM

Well, unless dad is an unfit parent he will get some kind of visitation.  Even if he is unfit they will give him something. If your moving far away you could end up responsible for him getting to his fathers for visits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:56 AM
You won't be able to just move away with him unless your ex agrees. He's established where he's living and the status quo has him going to school and staying at his dad's. Even with a good attorney I would say the odds are slim.

You could probably get 50-50 legal and physical custody but that won't allow you to move out of state with him
Aquarius_RN
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:57 AM
Unlikely, since you don't have primary custody as it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:58 AM
He and his wife are hippy potheads and my son knows! I'm over it

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Well, unless dad is an unfit parent he will get some kind of visitation.  Even if he is unfit they will give him something. If your moving far away you could end up responsible for him getting to his fathers for visits.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
It's hard to find jobs when proper sentence structure and spelling is necessary.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hih? We love in the same area but I just am not doing well financially o it here anymkre. No job leeds

Quoting Ted1242: Why not just move back closer and split custody? I see no point in taking him away from his father cause you're ready to be full time mommy now.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:59 AM
Is he well cared for?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He and his wife are hippy potheads and my son knows! I'm over it

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)